PDA

View Full Version : Silly amounts of fun! (town bike content)

AngryScientist
06-26-2014, 06:58 AM
i've been considering a bike to ride around town, pull the kids trailer, hook up a kiddie seat eventually, do some very light off-roading. impulse late night ebay purchase - probably the cheapest bike i've ever bought. done.

threw a few parts out of my bin on this thing, only thing i bought new was a pair of tires ($14 each!), grips and a chain.

threw the lights on and took it out for a spin last night, what fun! the suspension fork is totally clapped out, but soaks up potholes and rough road with aplomb. it's pretty cool riding around in the dark with total disregard for street junk and road imperfections. rode for an hour, through parks, over dirt, grass, curbs, etc. It's nice to just ride in street clothes and flip flops and enjoy life.

for about $100 this bike is going to be fun!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mYGPSjg4FCI/U6wEAqhGykI/AAAAAAAABts/1mZNIgfwCZ0/s1600/IMG_1734.JPG

Matt-H
06-26-2014, 07:37 AM
A getting back to basics, feel like a kid bike. Nothing wrong with that!

Kind of reminds me of a late '90's Ibis Alibi.

bobswire
06-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Cool, back to basics and feeling groovy. I'll be getting back a Gary Fisher Aquila mountain bike I purchased in the 90's and sold to a friend many years ago. He was starting to get into riding and wanted something he could use on both pavement and dirt. He has since purchased another bike (that I built up for him awhile back) while the Fisher has been hanging in his garage all these years. I'm looking forward to getting it back after all these years. I plan to use it like you are doing (sans a kids trailer).
http://i58.tinypic.com/5tv18l.jpg

texbike
06-26-2014, 08:52 AM
90s era 26" MTBs are fun and silly cheap. You can find really nice, low mile examples all day long around here for less than two bills.

There have been several very clean and original Stumpys, Trek 930s, and GTs pop up recently that have been tempting. However, my Monocog 29r kinda fills that spot in our garage at this time.

Texbike