PDA

View Full Version : CX Tubulars and Riding

mdeeds71
06-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Wanted to get and idea what most out there do on a CX with tubulars for training.

Curious as if you carry another tire or just plan to walk it out if it goes…or what other thoughts?

Right now, I am staying in close where I am at in Germany so I can get to at least a train or bus in case…but it has me thinking about what other do when wanting some CX mileage.

Right now I am trying to source another set of HED/KING but in clincher to swap in when I am not on a circuit or going to go out a ways.

Thanks,

sandyrs
06-21-2014, 07:45 PM
For non-race trail riding I always use clinchers, usually a file tread.

fogrider
06-22-2014, 02:17 AM
just fold up a road tubular for a spare, it will get you home.

pavel
06-22-2014, 03:28 AM
Don't train on tubulars.

Splash
06-22-2014, 04:29 AM
why not train on tubulars?

splash

yakstone
06-22-2014, 07:17 AM
I carry a spare tubular, not a big deal with a couple of CO2 cartridges.

oldpotatoe
06-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Wanted to get and idea what most out there do on a CX with tubulars for training.

Curious as if you carry another tire or just plan to walk it out if it goes…or what other thoughts?

Right now, I am staying in close where I am at in Germany so I can get to at least a train or bus in case…but it has me thinking about what other do when wanting some CX mileage.

Right now I am trying to source another set of HED/KING but in clincher to swap in when I am not on a circuit or going to go out a ways.

Thanks,

Just carry a spare..plus put some goop like Stans or Orange seal in the tubulars..both those ridden and the spare.

Gummee
06-22-2014, 08:41 AM
see my post in the other 'tubular' thread

M