PDA

View Full Version : Praxis/Campy U/T BB30

WSBA Jr.
06-21-2014, 11:16 AM
I see that Praxis has finally released the Ultra Torque BB30 conversion bottom bracket. https://praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-campagnolo/

Has anyone jumped in yet? I have a frameset to build w/Campy Record 10 speed this month and I'm looking seriously at this option, AOT Parlee or Wheels Manuf solutions. Thoughts, plans, or history appreciated!

teleguy57
06-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Have about 2k miles on the Parlee Campag PF30 adapter in my ti Hampsten. Seems OK so far.

If I was doing it again I'd probably try the Praxis. I like the threading vs press in design.

thirdgenbird
06-21-2014, 02:05 PM
No experience with either but if I were in need, I would go praxis. I like threads vs press in and I've heard the shimano version is great.

teleguy57
10-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Time for an update. When changing cranks I noticed the c-clip hole on the Parlee has chipped out and now it's a slot which allows the c-clip to move. Corresponded with Parlee, and they were pleasant; however, they said they'd not seen it before, that it was likely due to user error, and that they didn't have any DS cups available so I'd have to purchase a new set.

Thought about giving it another go, but I'm ordering a Praxis to replace the failed Parlee.