PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Ft. Collins - ideas?

thenewguy11
06-20-2014, 12:45 PM
I would like to ride my bike tomorrow up in Fort Collins but the catch is that I'll only have 60-90 minutes. I was thinking about bringing the cross bike and riding the New Belgium course (can you even do that this time of year?), but thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions for road or cross riding (MTB is a work in progress at the moment).

Thanks.

Ralph
06-20-2014, 01:24 PM
I've visited that town a few times also....loved the area, but didn't have a bike with me. It seemed most riders I saw were heading up and around the Horse Tooth water resovour area. I seem to remember a road that goes up there. Or up the river road (can't remember name of the main river thru town).

youngman
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM
The river through town is called Cache La Poudre river.

PJN
06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Bingham hill, northdam, along the res down southdam up shields back to down lown.

Checkout yourgroupeide.com for maps n stuff.

Killer riding in Fort Collins.

joosttx
06-20-2014, 02:42 PM
I was a Forest Ranger in the Rawah Wilderness area back in the day. There is some incredible riding up the poudre.

flydhest
06-20-2014, 06:41 PM
I have a bike in Ft Collins. Ride out Harmony Road west toward the foothills. Harmony sucks but it is easy. follow and it will take you to the switchback up to Horsetooth Reservoir. At the top keep to the right and climb the climb that locals call "Maniac". Keep going, take the descent, and at the stop sign, take a right. This will take you out by the CSU stadium. At the stop sign, turn right. This will take you to Drake. Turn left on Drake. Follow back into town.

Depending on where you are staying, that should do it. If it is too short, Keep going along the Reservoir and come out North of town. Happy to give more details.