PDA

View Full Version : Shout out the Austin Paceline crew

firerescuefin
06-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Still batting a 1000 as far as riding with folks from the forum.

Got a chance to hang with Texbike, his family... and Weisan for a couple days. Just GOOD, GOOD folks. Ate some food, drank some beer, solved the worlds problems....and rode some bikes....just a great time.

I do believe I saw Texbike offer encouragement to a cyclist that we were passing going up a hill today (the nerve of some folks)....but I won't hold it against him (and I don't think she did either).

tiretrax
06-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Texans are the best. Enjoy the great bbq there!

cmg
06-19-2014, 08:17 PM
"I do believe I saw Texbike offer encouragement to a cyclist that we were passing going up a hill today" was Texbike the rider from the other forum thread (Words of encouragement? Or...)? :)
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=150594 so it's his fault.....

SlackMan
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Once I get back in shape, you guys will have to come over my way and ride. We can pretend that all of the chip and seal is a gravel road. We'll have an epic ride. :rolleyes:

tiretrax
06-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Come up I-45. Much better riding here. Sometimes, the humidity is below 40%.

jmoore
06-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Did texbike show you his kick-ass new koozie? :)

texbike
06-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Did texbike show you his kick-ass new koozie? :)

Actually I did! Thanks Jason. It's already been put to good use and one of the stickers has made it's way to the side of my toolbox.

BTW, Geoff is a gentlemen, a fantastic rider, and has a wonderfully varied background. If you have a chance to ride with him, definitely take him up on it.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Texbike

texbike
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
We can pretend that all of the chip and seal is a gravel road. We'll have an epic ride. :rolleyes:

The City of Austin must have got a great deal on chip recently because they're going crazy with the stuff around town right now. They're messing up roads that were perfectly fine. Nothing like having little bits of tar all over your bikes and cars.

Texbike

SlackMan
06-20-2014, 01:21 PM
The City of Austin must have got a great deal on chip recently because they're going crazy with the stuff around town right now. They're messing up roads that were perfectly fine.

Texbike

Bingo! I didn't understand why they were messing up perfectly fine roads here either, but then I learned that a major motivation for chip and seal is waterproofing the existing surface even if the surface is not in need of repair. So, today I am expecting some Jack Brown 700x33.33 tires in the mail to see if they will fit on one of my bikes. If not, I probably need a bike that will fit them!

jmoore
06-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Actually I did! Thanks Jason. It's already been put to good use and one of the stickers has made it's way to the side of my toolbox.

BTW, Geoff is a gentlemen, a fantastic rider, and has a wonderfully varied background. If you have a chance to ride with him, definitely take him up on it.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Texbike

I need pics!

gmcampy
06-20-2014, 02:12 PM
So I will be in Austin for the IMSA race in September, maybe we can ride together :)