PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Nice and the Côte d'Azur

johngmartin
06-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Anyone else see this on John Prolly's blog the other day? http://www.cafeducycliste.com/fr/rides

It is pretty spectacular - complete with maps, descriptions, strava links, and even the locations of water fountains in the area! And as a designer, I am equally impressed with the clarity and representation of the whole package. I wish every city had something like this! Anyone know of other places' versions of this?

It certainly makes me want to go ride in Nice.

Mr. Pink
06-18-2014, 01:27 PM
That's pretty cool. Thanks

paredown
06-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Cool--I liked that he marked out a bakeshop! French pasteries--mmmmm, good.

We stayed in that area for a week or so with a rental car (in Mougins), and drove a lot of those roads. It would be a killer place to hang out and ride in the spring or early summer. Lots to see, lots to eat and drink.

CDollarsign
06-19-2014, 02:17 AM
I was just in Marseille for a week. The Côte d'Azur is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Seems like there would be some pretty insane climbs. Wish I had seen this before my trip.

Johnnyg
06-19-2014, 06:05 AM
I rented an apartment in Anitbes
for a month and joined a local club. Rode almost every day through out the area. It's magical. Many pros live in Nice. Epic riding. I recommend it highly. Thanks for the link, very nice.

572cv
06-19-2014, 06:11 AM
We rode around Nice a few years ago. Found a little place to rent in Bar sur Loup, and spent a week there. Wonderful riding, lots of hills, but also flats near the Med. We went in April, a welcome respite from Vermont's chilly late winter/only occasionally early spring, and I could not believe how many other cyclists there were. Great packs of them, groups of 25 or 50, in their club kits; seemed as though half of Europe had decided to come down for early season riding to Nice. I remember we got a direct flight there from NYC, which speeds up the travel and reduces handling of the bike (bikes came with us). A really memorable trip. Also, the best lemon tarts in the world at the patisserie in Tourette sur Loup, if you go. One lemon tart kicks in about 1/4 of the way up the Col de Vence, for that extra power boost :)

Lanterne Rouge
06-19-2014, 07:30 AM
J'aime la France. Le sud est tout simplement incroyable. J'ai l'intention d'y vivre quand mes compétences linguistiques françaises sont assez bonnes.

Je suis allé à Nice avec ma femme quand nous nous sommes rencontrés (avant nous étions mariés). Ces bons souvenirs.

christian
06-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice way to daydream today!