06-15-2014, 07:13 PM
If you get Bein Sports, The HD video feed is great. Worth watching

Uncle Jam's Army
06-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Love Robert Hatch and Magnus Backstedt.

firerescuefin
06-15-2014, 08:13 PM

I agree...the guy that bridges them and the rest of the telecast is HORRIBLE...Thankfully his role is a small one. I really enjoyed watching the stage today. As I said, the camerawork was awesome.

rePhil
06-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Me too. They don't have favorites. I don't hear Chris Froome and Richie Porte's names a million times a broadcast
And, Backstedt seems to come up with details about the most obscure riders.

Climb01742
06-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Agree, Magnus is a breath of fresh air.

bruin11
06-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Me too. They don't have favorites. I don't hear Chris Froome and Richie Porte's names a million times a broadcast
And, Backstedt seems to come up with details about the most obscure riders.

Maybe because Chris Froome and Richie Porte are not racing the Tour de Suisse. ;)

rePhil
06-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Ding..... ding. Winner... winner. I was wondering if anyone pays attention to anything I wrote!

No matter the race, Hatch & Backstedt don't seem to have favorites.

I have to believe favorites are a Network / USA thing.

Maybe because Chris Froome and Richie Porte are not racing the Tour de Suisse. ;)

Elefantino
06-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Hatch and Backstedt are a good pair.

Carlton Kirby and Brian Smith (on Eurosport) are also good, if you can get past Kirby's finale screams and Smith's Scottish brogue.

Phil and Paul are so last decade. Even Roll is a caricature now. Time to move along; nothing (further) to see (or hear) here.

tiretrax
06-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Hatch and Backstedt are a good pair.

Carlton Kirby and Brian Smith (on Eurosport) are also good, if you can get past Kirby's finale screams and Smith's Scottish brogue.

Phil and Paul are so last decade. Even Roll is a caricature now. Time to move along; nothing (further) to see (or hear) here.

Roll was a caricature when Al Trout was still calling the race. It's time for MSNBC to move on. Steve Schlonger isn't much fun to have to listen to either. I wish Paul could call the race by himself.

Elefantino
06-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Roll was a caricature when Al Trout was still calling the race. It's time for MSNBC to move on. Steve Schlonger isn't much fun to have to listen to either. I wish Paul could call the race by himself.
I wish David Harmon hadn't left the commentary box. He was by far the best in the English-speaking business, and his work with the monotone yet surprisingly informative Sean Kelly made me leave the PP show for good. But Harmon had some personal issues and now does other things around cycling.

Those other commentators who work with Kelly, principally Carlton Kirby, just don't draw him out like Harmon used to.

LJohnny
06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
The motorcycles get awfully close to the riders. They were not happy about that yesterday.

Video quality is good indeed.

rePhil
06-17-2014, 08:12 AM
I listened to a Paul Sherwin interview on the Outspoken Cyclist podcast. Interesting guy. He said his commentary is aimed at your grandma and your aunties who normally don't watch cycling.

It's on the 5/31 show.

http://www.wjcu.org/media/audio/shows/outspokencyclist

Uncle Jam's Army
06-18-2014, 12:29 AM
I really wish the organizers would pick different music for the finish line other than the songtrack for Flashdance, Top Gun, and other 80's movies.

Elefantino
06-18-2014, 12:47 AM
I really wish the organizers would pick different music for the finish line other than the songtrack for Flashdance, Top Gun, and other 80's movies.

And today, Kid Rock's "All Summer Long."

It's as if there's one Muzak channel for all podiums in Europe.