PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Shimano Pro cyclocross fork?

bthornt
06-15-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm getting ready to start a cyclocross build and it's time to buy the fork. The frame is an Ibis Hakkalugi that uses cantilever brakes. This frame comes with an ENVE fork, but since I bought the frame without the fork I'm weighing all my options.

I have been seeing these Shimano Pro cyclocross forks on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171347016269?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anyone know anything about these forks, or better yet does anyone actually have a bike with this fork? It's considerably cheaper than ENVE or Wound Up, and it has the added advantage of having a little more rake (48 vs 47).

Any information appreciated.

buldogge
06-15-2014, 09:01 AM
No experience…but…they can often be had on Sierra Trading Post for ~$150. The listing shows the road fork, but a forumite here bought one and received the cx fork…FWIW.

-Mark in St. Louis

I'm getting ready to start a cyclocross build and it's time to buy the fork. The frame is an Ibis Hakkalugi that uses cantilever brakes. This frame comes with an ENVE fork, but since I bought the frame without the fork I'm weighing all my options.

I have been seeing these Shimano Pro cyclocross forks on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171347016269?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anyone know anything about these forks, or better yet does anyone actually have a bike with this fork? It's considerably cheaper than ENVE or Wound Up, and it has the added advantage of having a little more rake (48 vs 47).

mistermo
06-15-2014, 09:44 PM

Prior to the 'lugis coming with the ENVE fork, they came with the AlphaQ CX20 fork, with the same 47mm rake. Those can still be had for a more reasonable price than the ENVEs.