PDA

View Full Version : OT Minneapolis Brewpubs and Coffee

Matt-H
06-13-2014, 09:32 AM
So, I am staying between the U of M and the Northeast and have a limited time to find a great brewpub or two. Within a short distance, I have access to:

Town Hall
Indeed
Fulton
Dangerous Man
Crooked Pint-already scratched off imo

Any recommendations from the local Paceliners?

Also, I am looking for some great espresso in the same area.

Thanks!

Netdewt
06-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Personally, I'd pass on 612 (next door to me). I think it has an "off" taste. All the others are great!

More to add:
Spyhouse (same building as 612)
Sociable Cider (across the tracks from 612)
Bauhaus Brew Labs (if open yet, behind 612)
Black Coffee and Waffles, serving Dogwood coffee (brand new)

Outside your area but still close:
Angry Catfish, serving Intelligentsia coffee (and bikes!)
FiveWatt, serving Kickapoo coffee (brand new)
Glam Doll Donuts
Isles Bun and Coffee
Steel Toe Brewing

Also, Handsome Cycles downtown has a Lemond display up right now. One on One next door has a coffee shop.

When are you here? I'll try to think of more.

Matt-H
06-13-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks! I am here now, and it is a gorgeous day.

DAG
06-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Not brewpubs, but:
Stub and Herb's has always had a great selection. Further afield into Mpls St Paul, but easily accessible by bus:

Williams in uptown
Happy Gnome and Muddy Pig on the same block- selby and Dale in st paul, which is fairly easily accessible by bus or car.

JAGI410
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Don't miss Town Hall or Indeed! Republic across the street from Town Hall is also a great place for rare taps and good food. Angry Catfish and One on One are worth visiting too!

gomango
06-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks! I am here now, and it is a gorgeous day.

Fultons for sure. Order up a Ringer, Expat or a 2 gingers Libertine if they have some.

Ask about their garage series as well. :)

Also, they have great teamwear for the All City/Fultons cross team.

Netdewt
06-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Happy Gnome - I love that place. Haven't been for a while. Not a brewpub, but MASSIVE selection.

Twin Six HQ is near Steel Toe Brewing in St. Louis Park. They've let me stop in to save on shipping before.

Tommy Mac
06-14-2014, 08:47 AM
All the above are great suggestions. I'm a fan of Indeed but it's on tap at many pubs. Make sure to sample some Surly while you're here. How many weeks are you staying?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gblumenstock
06-14-2014, 08:57 AM
The Blue Door if you want a great burger with your brew

GB

gomango
06-14-2014, 10:13 AM
The Blue Door if you want a great burger with your brew

GB

Three minutes from my house. My kids love that place, so do mom and dad. :)

If you make it over here, try the Nook and have a Mauer burger.

You'll be set for your red meat supply for the next week!

gomango
06-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Don't miss Town Hall or Indeed! Republic across the street from Town Hall is also a great place for rare taps and good food. Angry Catfish and One on One are worth visiting too!

Yes sir, those are great shops.

But don't forget about Grand Performance in St. Paul. Some of the best mechanics in the Midwest, great selection of bikes and the owner Dan is one of the nicest bike gurus around.

Marco
06-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Near Grand Performance in St Paul: Koplins (on Marshall) and Quixotic in Highland.

Dogwood in Calhoun Square. Bull Run on 33rd/Lyndale

Matt-H
06-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Been quite busy as we have turned a family wedding into a vacation but I really appreciate all the suggestions and have not been steered wrong yet!

PBWrench
06-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Rustica for Coffee (and pastry) across from Lake Calhoun and the new Yard House in St. Louis Park West End -with 100 selections on tap.

http://rusticabakery.com/

http://www.yardhouse.com/MN/st-louis-park-restaurant/

Both are fifteen minutes from campus.

Also -- Anything Marco has to say on the topic is golden. On any other topics - beware!

PBWrench