PDA

View Full Version : black on black enve stem?

crownjewelwl
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
are these custom jobs or are they available in the wild??

FastforaSlowGuy
06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
I've also been wondering this and will add: is the white on the stock stems just a decal, or painted on?

cfox
06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
black/black are custom outside of enve, and the stock, white logos are painted on but removable with acetone

bking
06-13-2014, 09:05 AM
you can buy black on black. At least I did a year and a half ago

cfox
06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
you can buy black on black. At least I did a year and a half ago

I think they changed policy re their logo. I asked about a year ago, and enve told me only white. You also used to be able to get their forks shipped without a logo, but now you can't do that either. I think builders can, but consumers have to remove (or have a painter remove) the fork logos now.

krhea
06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I think they changed policy re their logo. I asked about a year ago, and enve told me only white. You also used to be able to get their forks shipped without a logo, but now you can't do that either. I think builders can, but consumers have to remove (or have a painter remove) the fork logos now.

This. I just tried getting all black stem, post and bars for new build and was told by Enve, not gonna happen.

enr1co
06-13-2014, 05:49 PM

...or you can check with paceliner "Kokies" to see if he also sells black out sticker kits for ENVE bars,stems along with the ones he sells for forks.

enr1co
06-13-2014, 05:51 PM
...or you can check with paceliner "Kokies" to see if he also sells black out sticker kits for ENVE bars,stems similar to the ones he sells for forks.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/3577307/view/P1060858.JPG

ERK55
06-13-2014, 07:41 PM
black/black are custom outside of enve, and the stock, white logos are painted on but removable with acetone

Acetone won't remove/smear the black background on the stems (or forks, for that matter) ??

Charles M
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
yes, it will. but the paint isnt black and tha carbon underneath blends pretty well when you strip it.

BirkWinn
06-14-2014, 12:31 AM
The Black logos for Enve were made exclusively for cannondale's black inc edition and cannondale own the right to the Enve blacked out parts. I called Enve trying to buy parts and that's what I was told.

thirdgenbird
06-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Too bad they have that policy. I get wanting to maintain your branding, but that is a very large and unattractive logo.

RedRider
06-14-2014, 02:49 PM
I have heard, on very good authority, that Enve is setting up a paint and finishing department. Just think of the possibilities...