PDA

View Full Version : Availability to Ride

kgrooney
02-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Hello Again to All,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my cries for help last week concerning my wife's discontent with my ride schedule. The resolutions as follows:

Since my work allows for flexibility of schedule, I will go to work and arrive home earlier and prep dinner. As soon as the wife comes home out the door I go for an hour to 1.5 hour ride 2x per week. Dinner clean up is mine as well.

One weekend ride any length provided I'm home before 10:00 am.

Considering I have children ages one & two as of March, I'm not complaining.

I can always sneek in some trainer time after the kids go to sleep @ 7:00 for a recovery ride, to boot.

Tom
02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
If I were me, I'd get up really early and get my ride in before I have to deal with anybody else's requirements.

kgrooney
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Not much of a morning person, especially since my youngest is a terrible sleeper.

Too Tall
02-19-2006, 07:39 PM
F'in brilliant :)
Now start to work on your family and garner the LOVE baby. Do something special for them and TELL them you did it because they supported your "habit". Hello.

Frank
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
and that you will do damn well what you please. You will ride when you want to and will buy bike stuff when you want to.

Those are the exact lines I used when talking to my wife about the same subject just before we got divorced... ;)

93legendti
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Not much of a morning person, especially since my youngest is a terrible sleeper.

Been there, doing that...Now that our daughter is 3, I am so used to it, I can get by on 5-6 hours sleep per night. Amazing. Don't overlook rides with the 2 year old in a Burley--it is great for power work; my daughter loves biking; my wife is happy and I am riding. Heck, when she was younger, I even rode the trainer with my daughter in the bouncy chair with me in the room. She loved to watch racing videos! Don't forget 2 a day workouts to make up for quality and/or quantity. I am going to do my 2nd of the day, now that our daughter is asleep and the dishwasher is running. Good luck!