PDA

View Full Version : Has winter been too long for you?

Needs Help
03-12-2004, 11:45 PM
http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1283&password=&sort=1&cat=all&page=2

Andreu
03-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Not half!
I am not a cold weather rider...cuts right through me and I pick up colds. Can't wait for some sunshine and some long hard rides in the hills.
A;)

Bill Bove
03-13-2004, 04:45 AM
Yes it has! I am ready for spring big time, I am so sick of these bone chilling 50* mornings and bitter north winds. One day last week the wind chill actually brought the temperture down into the upper 40*'s, being the hard man that I am I toughed it out and rode anyway but I had so much clothing on that if I fell I probably wouldn't have been able to get up!

Kevin
03-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Bill,

At those frigid Florida temps, you better put on some sun tan lotion to keep warm.

Kevin

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Dr. Doofus
03-13-2004, 06:26 AM
The seasonally affected Doc says:

We're getting used to this "winter" thing, seeing as how he and I are in full winter mode until the shoulder gets fixed in April. This running and cross training thing is ok, although its kinda weird to be doing it when its 70 and sunny.

It has, however, made I and us more proficient at our favorite winter cross-training activity, the cross-country pursuit and apprehension of class cutters. See, we have a little over 100 acres of woods with 12k of trails behind our high school campus, and the campus is dog-bone shaped, with the main building in the middle and two little "trailer park" satellite campuses at the ends, one a quarter of a mile up a hill, the other about 200 yards down a slope to a creek. The layout makes it ideal for many of the school's less-motivated attendees to go out in the woods to smoke, hang out, have sex, whatever....

The doc's planning period is at the end of the day, the nicest, warmest part, so 2-3 times a week the doc goes out with his walkie radio and maybe one of the security associates for a nice 7-8k hike, usually punctuated by a high-speed chase. Its Animal Planet meets Dragnet: when they break stride, aim for the slow, weak one, and when you get him back to the office, he *will* rat on his mates (the doc's dual nature enables him to be *both* good cop and bad cop).

What the doc and I find most amusing about this training/school discipline activity is that, you know, the doc will run around 30, and ride around 200 (or the cross-training equivalent), in any given week. These kids are smokers...and they think they can outrun the doc...even if it is over tree stumps, down gullys, up hills, over creeks, etc..... They're either coughin or puttin their clothes back on, which just don't make it fair, does it...though sometimes the doc runs down the fast, smart, one, just to show he can...or what's really fun is when you slow down to their pace for a while, just to keep 'em running....

non-cycling related and probably just scared a bunch of ya'll into sending your youngins to private school...oh well....

Kevan
03-13-2004, 02:06 PM
then yes, it's too long.

jpw
03-13-2004, 02:29 PM
It's starting to drag a bit.

The S.A.D. syndrome is starting to creep up on me a little. I can see it over my shoulder, and my posts are starting to get a bit gritty at times. Bad sign.

Send that frame back!!!

cycler48
03-13-2004, 05:51 PM
What winter?