PDA

View Full Version : Moots Mtn Bike Stolen in Oakland

RedRider
06-08-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm posting this hoping someone in the NW might recognize. It's not me. I'm on the stolen bike email blast.. call the police!

This bike just got stolen from my garage!! please share. Downtown Oakland!! 650B Moots. Paragon skull on the toggle drop nut. Pink Chris King hubs. Very distinctive bike. Pink Sapphire headset spacer. I am losing it. I can't barley breath. $2000 reward. — with Jon Suzuki.

eddief
06-08-2014, 07:02 PM
OAKLAND -- Police are looking for the driver of a car that hit a 53-year-old bicyclist Saturday morning and left him in critical condition in the Oakland hills.

The suspect hit the Oakland resident about 9:32 a.m. in the 6600 block of Broadway near Caldecott Lane and immediately fled the scene, police said. Officers arrived and found the injured bicyclist in the roadway, and he was taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries.

According to police, investigators obtained information that the suspect vehicle was possibly a black 2010 Volkswagen Jetta.

Police and CrimeStoppers of Oakland are offering up to $5,000 in reward money for information leading to the motorist who fled. Anyone with information may contact Oakland police at 510-750-6594 or CrimeStoppers at 510-777-8572.

plattyjo
06-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks for posting, @RedRider! They're friends of mine and they're so bummed right now. :(