PDA

View Full Version : Why, oh why, do they keep tempting me????

Frank
02-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I thought I had done a good job of thinning down the bike herd and was well on my road to recovery from bike-buying. I sold most of my frames and was down to a built up Bianchi and my lovely black, gold, and silver Tommasini SLX Super Prestige frame and fork, which I planned to list for sale this spring.

Then along comes a lugged SLX New NOS Marinoni...beautiful blue and silver air-brushed paint scheme and I couldn't say no because the Marinonis I have owned have been such great bikes.

Then, an opportunity to buy another new Habanero ti frame at a nice price. I had one built up last spring and thought it was a great value and ride, but sold it thinking I was going to just ride one steel bike.

Then a older model lugged steel Trek 400 frame and fork on eBay that I could donate to a group that builds up bikes for transportation for folks who have no other means of transportation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7220085711

Then, was going to bed late the other evening and saw on eBay this beautiful replica Gios Torino like I had wanted when Excel was selling them as a limited edition run:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7220151798

Then, saw a Tommasini SLX Super Prestige repainted in fire engine red:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7220242627

Now I am back to having too many frames although I am barely riding at all lately. Is there a way to surrender my eBay credentials since I seem to have no ability to control myself? SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!! :rolleyes:

Lifelover
02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
What you lack in self control you make up for in good taste!

CNY rider
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Just when you think you're out.....they pull you back in. ;)

Kevin
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Great looking frame.

Kevin

Tailwinds
02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Then along comes a lugged SLX New NOS Marinoni...

Now I am back to having too many frames although I am barely riding at all lately. Is there a way to surrender my eBay credentials since I seem to have no ability to control myself? SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!! :rolleyes:

Nice-lookin' bike! I feel your pain, Frank. :rolleyes:

pale scotsman
02-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Gee Frank, you come to us for help? Kinda like asking your bartender to help you quit drinking. ;) Seriously though I thank God I don't ride bikes this size. There's way too much nice stuff to pick from in 56ish bikes.

Frank
02-18-2006, 11:02 PM
I bid $106 on this one yesterday and ended up winning it tonight. I hope no more bikes I have bids on come through...I am bike poor! I am deleting all the things on my watched items list to help with the temptation...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7219891375

shinomaster
02-19-2006, 05:25 PM
wow...i always wanted a basso..

rePhil
02-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I remember when I inquired about the paint I was told "you know, Dutch stove paint" On the order form it was called Gios Blue.

e-RICHIE
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
that's so profundo atmo

Keith A
02-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Ahhh....the world is back in harmony now that Frank is back to buying bikes and frames. And if you ever need to free those frames, I think you have my address :D

jerk
02-20-2006, 07:21 PM

me too.

zeroking17
02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
me too.

Is that a rhetorical answer ;)

jerk
02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
is that a rhetorical question?
;)

Frank
02-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Ahhh....the world is back in harmony now that Frank is back to buying bikes and frames. And if you ever need to free those frames, I think you have my address :D

because I don't have room in the garage for all of them. When they all get here and I look them over will have to get down to three, which includes the built-up Bianchi ChromoLite I have. That means out of this bunch, can only keep three out of:

56cm c-t Tommasini SLX Super Prestige (excellent condition in black, silver, and gold)
55cm c-t Tommasini SLX Super Prestige (red repaint, haven't seen yet)
54cm c-c Marinoni SLX New (new frame blue and silver airbrushed)
54cm c-t Habanero (new ti road frame)
55cm c-c Basso Loto (green and white, haven't seen yet)
56cm c-t Trek 400 (white, haven't seen yet)
56cm c-t Bianchi ChromoLite (Celeste and built-up)
56cm c-t Gios Torino (new in Gios Blue, haven't seen yet)

Couple of them (Trek and Basso) initially planned for the bike transportation folks (plus a damaged Rossin) depending on their need for frames right now. Gonna be hard to decide from there which to keep, but will give my Serotta friends a chance before they go to the eBay masses next month.

shinomaster
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
me too.

wow....i always wanted an italian too...nice photo jerk.

Keith A
02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
because I don't have room in the garage for all of them. [snip]
:eek: garage :eek: I do hope that this is a humidity and temperature controlled garage -- otherwise you will have to forfeit these lovely machines to someone who can take better care of them :D

Or it's time to build a new house to be able to properly store all of your frames and bikes. I suggest you talk to dbrk for assistance in this matter :)

Russell
02-21-2006, 09:43 AM
me too.

she's got as much plastic in her as Ivan's bike.

Frank
02-21-2006, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Keith A]:eek: garage :eek: I do hope that this is a humidity and temperature controlled garage -- otherwise you will have to forfeit these lovely machines to someone who can take better care of them :D

I am living in the garage so the bikes can stay in the hunidity and temperature controlled house ;)

MartyE
02-21-2006, 12:39 PM
If I buy any more bikes I'm going to be living in the
garage.
First it was Dutch bikes (still is, wonderful Reus I'm persuing), now
Pogliaghi. . .
It's a sickness, a sickness I tell ya.

won't comment on Ms. Basso other to say that she always
puts me in mind of a kinder gentler Martina Navratalova.

marty

Frank
02-26-2006, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Frank]because I don't have room in the garage for all of them. When they all get here and I look them over will have to get down to three, which includes the built-up Bianchi ChromoLite I have. That means out of this bunch, can only keep three out of:

SOLD---56cm c-t Tommasini SLX Super Prestige (excellent condition in black, silver, and gold)

55cm c-t Tommasini SLX Super Prestige (red repaint, haven't seen yet)

SOLD---54cm c-c Marinoni SLX New (new frame blue and silver airbrushed)

SOLD---54cm c-t Habanero (new ti road frame)

55cm c-c Basso Loto (green and white, haven't seen yet)

SOLD---56cm c-t Trek 400

56cm c-t Bianchi ChromoLite (Celeste and built-up)

56cm c-t Gios Torino (new in Gios Blue, haven't seen yet)

Thanks to all of you who inquired about the frames. I will probably soon be down to my storage space limit!

andy mac
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
me too.

i'm assuming that's another botched lip job. what's up with these hotties bastardizing their heads?? every day in nyc i see women who have done this to themselves. looks terrible.

plastic surgery is bad. plastic surgery that is so obvious, is really, really, black sock, mega spacer, sloping tt, tyler bad.

:beer: