PDA

View Full Version : Charity Rider JErsey - status update

Bruce K
02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
1 week down and 2 to go.

I have received checks from the following folks (sizes listed for one last confirmation - let me know only if the size listed is wrong):

Bruce K (L)
Nicadog (XL)
Larry D (XL)
Louis (XL) - see, I got it! :rolleyes:
Kestrel (XXL)
wwtsui (L)
joes (XXL)
Ctrider (XXXL)
Smiley (L)
TimD (XL)

There are still a lot of folks who posted their desire for one who have not PM'd me for mailing info. I am still hoping we hit the "magic number" so we can be making some donations.

BK

Smiley
02-18-2006, 03:46 PM
How many do u need to make the number ? And where is Sandy in this count , he could sure use some nice looking jerseys :)

Louis
02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks, Bruce :)

C'mon folks, let's get going and send the $ in. The more we get the better the donation...

If you don't know where to send the $ PM Bruce and he'll send you the info.

Jersey pic to rekindle interest:

Louis

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1323/ms150front3po.jpg

Bill Bove
02-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Any chance I can get one in pink?

loctite
02-18-2006, 04:48 PM
I sent Bruce a pm on how the group could save some money if he would email my wife who WORKS for Hincapie, then there would be more money for donations. Oh well just trying to help.

Bruce K
02-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Loctite;

I have been working with Drew who has talked about the project with Rich Hincapie. So far Hincapie has promised to reduce the price to the "shop special" if we hit 30 jerseys. This should not be a problem if everyone who said they wanted one comes through.

Can your wife help us do do any better than that?

Bruce

loctite
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Thats the same thing my wife said, she wasnt sure if they had offered that to you. Give her an email anyway as you are in her territory and its her job to help out with this sort of thing, Her email is tmlail@yahoo.com. And if it comes down to you needing just one more to hit 30 im in!

Thanks

Bruce K
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I'll let you know if it looks like we're going to be short.

BK

kestrel
02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
All that rhetoric, and only 10 of us paid thus far????

Something's wrong here. I'm never one of the first to pay for anything, the rest of you should be embarassed to be behind me in your check mailings.

Of course, I did notice that Bruce didn't mention if our checks cleared yet!!!! :D :D

scottie
02-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Hey Bruce,
Any luck with postage to wonderful places like Australia?
I'd love a jersey, I killed my assos one when the lovely people in the ambulance sliced it open to check my injuries... anyway, I want a new one!
Cheers,
Scottie.

Bruce K
02-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Scottie;

If you a very patient I am going to try and use the good old USPS for Greg.

If that works, PM me quick.

You might also consider buying one from the factory as well so they don't feel neglected. :D

BK

Ozz
02-19-2006, 09:11 AM
All that rhetoric, and only 10 of us paid thus far????

Something's wrong here. I'm never one of the first to pay for anything, the rest of you should be embarassed to be behind me in your check mailings.

Of course, I did notice that Bruce didn't mention if our checks cleared yet!!!! :D :D
Hey! Some checks are coming from further away!

Bruce, you should have mine by tues or weds. Mailed sometime last week...Thurs?

Bruce K
02-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Ozz;

I hadn't really looked carefully at the mail and mistook your letter for "spam".

Consider yourself added to the list (XL).

BK

Ozz
02-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Consider yourself added to the list (XL).
:banana:

Smiley
02-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Where is Tourista , RT its got BLUE in the color , work it out with Bruce for a womens size !!!

H.Frank Beshear
02-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Sent mine out on friday Bruce. Checks should be there first of the week. Frank

Smiley
02-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Let me thank Bruce for his efforts here, he has come up with a very nice jersey for all of us and the money serves a great cause. Don't be late for the party and pass up a very nice jersey.

92degrees
02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Been away; my check is going out t'morrow. :beer:

kestrel
02-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey! Some checks are coming from further away!

Bruce, you should have mine by tues or weds. Mailed sometime last week...Thurs?

Sorry Ozz, didn't mean to offend anyone. Just nice to know that for a change I'm not the slowpoke.

Mail from the "wrong" coast always takes awhile. :beer:

Ozz
02-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Sorry Ozz, didn't mean to offend anyone. Just nice to know that for a change I'm not the slowpoke.

Mail from the "wrong" coast always takes awhile. :beer:
Not offended...just taking an opportunity to give a fellow forumite a hard time! ;)

Happy Prez Day...hope you have it off! It's 30 degrees and sunny here today...heading out in about 2 hours!

:beer: :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer:

jckid
02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Are there any women riders out there that are going to order a jersey? I wanted a jersey, but women's sizing. I guess we have to have a minimum of 10 in order to get women's sizing.

spiderlake
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Dropped mine in the mailbox on my way to work this morning...... Should get there this week even with the holiday today. Thanks!

Darrin

shoe
02-20-2006, 10:38 AM
today-ciitm--also has anyone tried the xl even if you fit in the l. i fit in the l just fine- little tighter than i prefer. usually try not to show off my guns so much. there was no xl in the shop so just wondering if one takes a l and then goes with an xl do you get that weird bunching at the stomach area. I'm too sexy for my shirt look or that weird stomach protrudence.?!&%#@>>>>dave

dirtdigger88
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
today-ciitm--also has anyone tried the xl even if you fit in the l. i fit in the l just fine- little tighter than i prefer. usually try not to show off my guns so much. there was no xl in the shop so just wondering if one takes a l and then goes with an xl do you get that weird bunching at the stomach area. I'm too sexy for my shirt look or that weird stomach protrudence.?!&%#@>>>>dave

Im in the same delima- just a size up- I tired on a couple of jerseys at the LBS- XL give me that vein popping stud look- though Im not sure I can breath in it- but the XXL makes me looks like a have a gut-

Im thinking Im going vein poppin vs gut sloppin

but thats just me

Jason

Bruce K
02-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm in the same situation. The L is a little snug in the middle, but the XL bunches and is too long for my torso.

So it's a LArge for me.

BK

Tailwinds
02-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Are there any women riders out there that are going to order a jersey? I wanted a jersey, but women's sizing. I guess we have to have a minimum of 10 in order to get women's sizing.

I am. If you read back, though, it looked like only 3-4 women were ordering. I noticed on the Hincapie sizing chart, there is a men's XS if you're worried about getting one small enough. Just be sure to include what size you want in either case.

Bruce K
02-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Amanda;

It appears right now that we have the following women ordering (at least they SAID their check was in the mail ;) ):

Ginger
RABikes2
Tailwinds
Mrs Spiderlake
Mrs Spiderman

It does not look promising that we will be able to get a run of women's sizing. :crap:

Come on jckid, it couldn't look that bad on you to wear a men's jersey. ;) You know you want one.... :D

BK

Keith A
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
My check went out during the middle of last week and would expect that you should have it soon.

05Fierte TI
02-20-2006, 04:39 PM
My check will go out Tuesday, should be there by the end of the week

GregLR
02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Bruce

Following our exchange of PMs on the weekend, I airmailed my international money order from Canberra, Australia yesterday (Monday). You should receive it next week sometime.

Greg

Rapid Tourist
02-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Bruce, is it too late to order a men's medium? I'll PM you. Thanks for your efforts.

Smiley
02-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Its never too late for you RT :)

Bruce K
02-22-2006, 09:48 AM
As of last night's mail we are 1/2 way to the ordering deadline and I have received 15 jersey orders.

I know there are a fair number of checks and money orders in the mail, but if there is anyone out there who wanted one, speak up now or you will miss out.

Once the order is placed with Hincapie, there won't be another one.

I also cannot guarantee that if you miss out, that there will be any extras.

If we are close to the 30 count to be able to make donations, I will probably order the last 2 or 3 anyway. Smiley has said he would take one to help. I will probably take one to get there, but it would be a shame to get to 25 and not be able to donate to the charities we have targeted.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I mailed my check this afternoon. :D

BBD

Smiley
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
shameless bump

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks Smiley.

I will post another update over the weekend with this week's checks received and sizes ordered.

Remember there is only ONE WEEK LEFT.

So far we are around 21 +/- jerseys actually ordered with 8-10 checks on the way in. The 30 count is going to be close, but I think we are going to get there. :banana: :banana:

There are still some folks MIA from the original "I want one postings", but I am not going to name names. :rolleyes: :D

BK

William
02-24-2006, 07:20 AM
There are still some folks MIA from the original "I want one postings", but I am not going to name names. :rolleyes: :D

BK

The nerve of some people.

:rolleyes:

William (I know, I know) ;)

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Did I hit a nerve William? :D ;)

If a gentle nudge will help, I am more than happy to name a few names.

Several PMC riders are among the missing (hint, hint) plus a couple of forum stalwarts.

Thanks you all for helping make this project work, for hopefully allowing us to donate some serious $$$ to 3 worthwhile charities, and for all the encouragement. :banana: :banana:

Now if I could just figure out a way to get some help with the sorting, packaging, and shipping..... :cool:

BK

CT Rider
02-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Bruce,

If you are close to, but just under 30, I will help by buying a 2nd jersey.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get some help with the sorting, packaging, and shipping....

If you go to the USPS website you can order Priority Mail Boxes/Envelopes for shipping. The cost for the products and delivery to you is free. Typically the boxes come bundled in boxes of 25. The USPS website also has an application for generating shipping labels. When everything is labeled/packaged you can also make arrangments for USPS to come pick up the packages at your door (for no extra charge).

If I can be of any help, just PM me.

Stan (CT Rider)

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Stan;

Thanks for the offer, but I was sort of kidding.

I will be picking up a bunch of envelopes and mailing labels and it really shouldn't be that hard. That whole process is about 10 weeks out anyways.

I am pretty confident we are going to hit the mark without anyone having to double up.

I am planning to give one to Ben Serotta for allowing us to use the artwork and saving us that whole cost, and one to Davis Phinney (just because). I am paying for both of these jerseys personally.

The waiting is really going to be the hardest part.

BK

CT Rider
02-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Bruce,

I have been down this road a few times supporting fund raising efforts for a guitar forum that I moderate/administer. Sounds like you have had some of the same issues - people promising they want one but never following thru with the $$$. I have about 40 custom engraved wooden keychains in my basement which people "wanted" but never followed thru on. Shipping was the easy part thanks to the USPS Priority Mail setup, very cool they give you everything needed to ship for free! Surprising how many people who do a lot of eBAY sales are unaware of the USPS freebies.

Good luck in your efforts, they are for a good cause. And just remember my offer is still there to buy an additional jersey or help with packing/shipping if you need it!

Stan

aj4e
02-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I did a thread search to see if I could find a price for the jersey. I admit I did not take my time, so my cursory inquiry did not reveal a figure.

Could someone please help a girl out and let me know what amount you are looking for? I understand the situation is that if we hit the magic number of jerseys that there will be money leftover for charity, but I just want to know what to make the check out for if I get the green light from the bf for a jersey for each of us.

Thanks!

Tailwinds
02-24-2006, 08:50 AM
$75

aj4e
02-24-2006, 08:53 AM
I will see if I can do some convincing over the weekend...I know time is running out.

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
aj4e;

I PM'd you with the info, so you should be all set.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-24-2006, 09:42 AM
It looks like you are saying delivery on these will take about 10 weeks. Could these possibly be ready in time for Smiley-Palooza (aka "Nottrott Weekend") on May 20?

It would be great to be able to wear mine when I go down there.

BBD

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Dave;

Hincapie is talking about delivery to me the week of the 17th.

I am pretty sure that, unless they perform some miracle and get them to me earlier, there will be no way for me to sort them, package them, address them, and get them to people before that weekend.

BK

slowgoing
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
$75

plus $5 shipping. $80 total.

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
No slow,

$70 + $5 = $75.00

H. Frank had suggested sending an extra $5.00 to boost my PMC fundraising since I wouldn't take money to pay for my own jersey.

If anyone misunderstood, I apologize, but so far, all but 2 checks & one separate donation have been for the base amount.

BK

Bruce K
02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Ozz;

I tried to PM you but your mailbox was full.

Your check was for the correct amount.

Thanks for your concern and support.

BK

Bruce K
02-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Week 2 checks received through Friday night:

Spiderman (L)
Ms. Spiderman (L)
Keith A (L)
H. Fank Beshears (3XL)
davids (M)
itsalldark (L)
shoe (L)
92 degrees (M)
Dave Thompson (XXL)
Bud (L)
BBDave (L)
spiderlake (3XL)
Ms. Spiderlake (M)
05FierteTi (L)
slowgoing (XXL)

Again, PM me only if there is a sizing problem with what is listed here.

With what I have in hand, and people who have told me checks are in route, we will be making nice donations to the Pan-Mass Challenge, Davis Phinney Foundation, and the National MS Society in the name of the Serotta Forum.

Thank you one and all for making a small, fun idea, into such a cool project.

BK

Bruce K
02-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Today's arrivals:

GregLR (L)
Dirtdigger (XL)
Roverrich (XL)

These put us over the top.

Donations will go out next week after I finalize the costs with Hincapie.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-25-2006, 07:08 PM
YAY for us!!!!

YAY for Bruce K!!!!

:banana: :beer: :) :p ;) :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

When we get them we should all post pics of us riding wearing our jerseys!

BBD

Bruce K
02-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Monday Arrivals:

Tailwinds (XS)
RABikes2 (M)
Rapidtourist (M)
Len J (M)
PaulE (XL)
Ginger (M)

PM with changes only.

ALmost there. (tick, tick, tick.....)

BK

William
02-28-2006, 05:32 AM
En-route...

William

Kevin
02-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Sent my check today.

Kevin

ClutchCargo
02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Sent my check today.

Kevin

thanx again, BK !

Ginger
02-28-2006, 08:52 AM
My check is officially in the hands of the US post office...

but I'm really torn on whether I take a medium or a small...medium is safer I suppose...

Bruce,
Thanks so much for taking on this project. I know how many issues you've faced over the last few weeks. I'm glad it's coming together so well!

Mary Ann

OldDog
02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Check is in the mail...

OD

Bruce K
02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Tuesday:

Quattro (L)

BK

Keith A
02-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Just curious, what is the current total of checks in hand and those that have said the check is on its way?

Bruce K
02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I believe there are only a few checks left to arrive:

Clutch Cargo
Ginger
Bill Bove
William
Olddog
Kevin
My lawyer freind David
Kathy Krumme
1 from Australia

That will put us over 40 and allow donations of at least $400 to each of the PMC, the DPF, and the MS Society. After that I will probably send the balance to the PMC as it was the original focus of the jersey project.

I will not list folks who noted interest and may have changed their minds for whatever reason.

BK

Kevin
02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I will not list folks who noted interest and may have changed their minds for whatever reason.

BK

Good idea, the forum backlash can be problematic ;)

Kevin

H.Frank Beshear
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
$400 to each of the PMC, the DPF, and the MS Society. After that I will probably send the balance to the PMC as it was the original focus of the jersey project.

BK
Thats awsome way to go Bruce. Thanks for getting us there. Frank

Len J
02-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Thats awsome way to go Bruce. Thanks for getting us there. Frank

You are the man...thanks for all the effort.

Len

Smiley
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks Bruce , very KOOL Jersey , wish it had ORANGE in it but its very nice. Maybe Serotta should post this jersey in its online store.

Bruce K
03-02-2006, 06:37 AM
No orders yesterday.

Personally, after trying on several of my Hincapie jerseys, my winter weight gain may force me to "size up" to XL for this one (even though it hangs a little long), or else I better REALLY get with the weight loss program! :rolleyes:

If anyone else is having second thoughts about sizing, please PM me by Sunday night.

I will be phoning Hincapie and FedExing the deposit to them on Monday.

I will be doing the accounting next week, determining how much came in, actual cost to Hincapie (including shipping of the order to my house), and projected shipping costs to all of you. After that, the donation checks should be in the mail by the end of the week.

I will post the actual amounts of the donations when I have them.

BK

dave thompson
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Bruce: If you use USPS Priority, the shipping will be less $4.50 to anywhere in the lower 48, and they can provide all the necessary packaging materials free.

Bruce K
03-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks Dave. That was the plan and why we settled on $5.00 for shipping.

It made for a round number. :D

I have a couple of shipments going "down under" (they were kind enough to send extra).

Plus, a couple of folks sent an extra $5.00 which, I assume, was following H. Frank Beshears' suggestion that it would allow a small donation to the PMC if we didn't hit the "magic number".

The bottom line, is that this be a "no secret" process when it comes to the money. People have been trusting enough to send checks in advance. They have the right, if desired, to know what happened to all the money.

BK

Bruce K
03-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Thursday orders:

jckid (XS)
Scottie (XL)
Clutch Cargo (M)
Kevin (L)

2 days to go.

BK

Johnnyg
03-03-2006, 07:52 AM
1 week down and 2 to go.

I have received checks from the following folks (sizes listed for one last confirmation - let me know only if the size listed is wrong):

Bruce K (L)
Nicadog (XL)
Larry D (XL)
Louis (XL) - see, I got it! :rolleyes:
Kestrel (XXL)
wwtsui (L)
joes (XXL)
Ctrider (XXXL)
Smiley (L)
TimD (XL)

There are still a lot of folks who posted their desire for one who have not PM'd me for mailing info. I am still hoping we hit the "magic number" so we can be making some donations.

BK
bruce I would like one how much and where do I send the check? JohnnyG

Bruce K
03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm afraid we can't add anyone else to the list at this point.

The last few checks are in the mail and we've hit our limit.

I am very happy to tell you all that today I am mailing the following donations:

Pan Mass Challenge: $500.00

Davis Phinney Foundation: $400.00

National MS Society: $400.00

There may be an additional donation to the PMC when I get all checks in and the numbers crunched.

Again thanks for everyone's interest. Your support and patience (so far ;) ) has made this pretty easy to do.

I'll post order arrivals from today and tomorrow's mail tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully, there won't be any missing.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
. . . who missed the deadline, just PM me and if there's enough interest we could get our own order together for the "I Hate Bruce K" jersey! ;) :rolleyes: :beer:

BBD

Bruce K
03-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Gee Dave,

I see your computer is back up and running.

A jersey like that would put me in pretty elite company along with our freind Paul. :rolleyes:

But, I could live with that. :D

Wow, maybe I could order one, my shrink would find it very interesting! :banana:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
03-03-2006, 01:42 PM
. . . and MY jersey would have matching bibs! ;)

bBD

Bruce K
03-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Friday orders:

Bill Bove (L)
Ginger (M)
Martye (M)

BK

Bruce K
03-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Today's mail came and there were no additional orders.

I have heard from olddog.

If there is anyone out there who has a check in transit, please contact me by PM and we'll try to work something out.

I think William is in that boat. Anyone else? Otherwise, the order goes in on Monday.

BK

OldDog
03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks Bruce for accomadating me. Check sent Tuesday morning from NE PA to MA should have been there Thursday, here it is Saturday. I can drive there in 4 hours. I'll be talking w/ya.

OD

Bruce K
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I just wrote the deposit check and put it in the FedEx envelope for pick-up.

Hincapie tells me I should have the jerseys by 5/15 give or take a day.

BK

Keith A
03-06-2006, 10:00 AM
:banana: