PDA

View Full Version : The joys of Boston commuting

moose8
06-06-2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/06/06/bicyclist-claims-driver-punched-him-the-face-after-refused-run-red-light/GGiLM0EEsZeSSMA2z6prAN/story.html

FastforaSlowGuy
06-06-2014, 01:38 PM
This reminds me of how my 10th grade lit teacher approached student arguments: believe 25% of what each person said, and assume the remaining 50% is left out by both.

I can easily see some combination of the two stories:

Cyclist jams on the brakes to avoid running a light
Car isn't looking and nearly hits cyclist
Cyclist yells at driver
Driver yells at cyclist
Things escalate
Driver punches cyclist

My guess is that there was nothing that really required throwing a punch, apart from escalating hostilities that bubbled over to an unnecessary degree.

sngk
06-06-2014, 01:44 PM
"...Nguyen slammed on the breaks..."

Guess it's not just pickup-driving, cyclist-abusing rednecks who struggle with speling...

tiretrax
06-06-2014, 01:50 PM
"...Nguyen slammed on the breaks..."

Guess it's not just pickup-driving, cyclist-abusing rednecks who struggle with speling...

To think that Bostonians take pride in the number of universities and colleges located there, as if it confers some high degree of literacy among each of them. "But, them is the breaks."

eippo1
06-06-2014, 01:57 PM
The funny thing about the whole slamming on the brakes thing (spelling aside) is that in MA, the one behind who is not prepared is always at fault. Always. If this was a vehicle spat that wouldn't even be an argument.

FastforaSlowGuy
06-06-2014, 02:04 PM
The funny thing about the whole slamming on the brakes thing (spelling aside) is that in MA, the one behind who is not prepared is always at fault. Always. If this was a vehicle spat that wouldn't even be an argument.

Generally speaking, the one who throws the punch is also always at fault (unless he can show self defense, which is a burden borne by the puncher not the punchee). But, we all know that car-bike investigations tend to favor those with more wheels. Fingers crossed that BPD can see this for what it is.

shovelhd
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Get out the popcorn for this one. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. A great case for Judge Judy.

FastforaSlowGuy
06-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Get out the popcorn for this one. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. A great case for Judge Judy.

This would be hilarious.

shovelhd
06-06-2014, 02:20 PM
She can sniff out a liar like no other.