PDA

View Full Version : Shoe fit opinion

dpk501
06-04-2014, 04:54 PM
This is my first pair of Giro shoes. The length and width feel great but there a lot of extraneous rachet buckle exposed. I sized up a half size from my s-works shoes as recommended in other posts. Do you think I should size up or try another shoe?

Thanks for the help!

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/dpk501/media/Image_zps1c0dbccc.jpg.html

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag442/dpk501/Image_zps1c0dbccc.jpg

John H.
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
It looks like you have a high volume foot (Maybe wide too) in a lower volume shoe.
If it doesn't cause any problems, don't worry.
If it pinches your foot you may look for something that is wider or of higher volume.
I tried on the new DMT Vega a couple of weeks ago- it has a high volume- in fact too high in volume for my foot.

dpk501
06-04-2014, 07:46 PM
It looks like you have a high volume foot (Maybe wide too) in a lower volume shoe.
If it doesn't cause any problems, don't worry.
If it pinches your foot you may look for something that is wider or of higher volume.
I tried on the new DMT Vega a couple of weeks ago- it has a high volume- in fact too high in volume for my foot.

Thanks John. It's weird because the sworks are a narrower shoe and they felt good. I might try another half size up and also look for the DMT.

Peter P.
06-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't know if this is the case with your Giro shoes but my Shimano shoes have the capability of moving the buckle into either of two positions to accommodate high and low volume feet. All you do is loosen a screw which holds the buckle to the shoe, move it to the other hole and reattach with the screw.

Perhaps your Giro shoes have the same feature? Like my Shimano shoes, you may have to remove the buckle to see the other threaded hole.

old fat man
06-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Giro shoes are not as wide nor as high volume as Specialized. And there is no option to move the ratchet or buckle on the Giro. Looks like your foot is too high volume (too big in the arch to ankle area) for that shoe. I found Shimano to be a better fit for a high volume foot.

Vientomas
06-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Giro produces some of their shoes in high volume - "HV". I have high volume feet and the Giro HV model I have fits me much better than the wide Sidi's I have.

Bstone
06-05-2014, 03:25 PM
For wider feet=Lake:banana::banana:

MattTuck
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Only other comment is if you need wear thicker socks in the winter, make sure you have the strap length (maybe a few additional ratchets) to do that.

dpk501
06-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the help!

I may need to stick to specialized or shimano shoes.