PDA

View Full Version : OT: Don't you wish you were travelling with my sister yesterday?

Louis
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
1) She got lucky and was able to catch an ealier flight for flight #2 of a two flight series, which allowed her to get home (Maine) at 8 PM instead of waaay later at 2 AM.

2) I'll let her tell you the big news in her own words:

You will be super thrilled to learn that I saw Kanye West and Kim Kardashian -- most favorite people evah! -- in the immigration line at JFK last night; I learned from the People magazine at the Hannaford tonight that they must have been returning from their Florentine weddin'. So glad our advanced culture has its priorities straight.

Doesn't get any better than that!

buldogge
06-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Did she not take his name in holy-matrimony?…my goodness!

…oh, to answer your question…no.

-Mark in St. Louis

thirdgenbird
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I went through security behind "the situation" a while back. The guy looked lost.

For the record, I can't confirm it was him, but my female coworker is sure it was. We nearly ran into him when he tried to turn around so I guess she would know.

buldogge
06-02-2014, 10:19 PM
…and orange, I'm sure.

-Mark

I went through security behind "the situation" a while back. The guy looked lost.

thirdgenbird
06-02-2014, 10:23 PM
…and orange, I'm sure.

-Mark

White shirt, big headphones on his neck, loud pants. Everything you would expect.

dogdriver
06-02-2014, 10:57 PM
huh.

SoCalSteve
06-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I cannot believe that they didn't fly private...Maybe after spending all that $$$ on the wedding, they flew back in coach...

Louis
06-03-2014, 12:13 AM
She says she saw them in the immigration line - maybe everyone including those who fly on private / rented small jets (except the hyper-rich Warren Buffett and Mark Zuckerberg types and the diplomats) has to go through that with the hoi polloi.

martl
06-03-2014, 12:58 AM
1) She got lucky and was able to catch an ealier flight for flight #2 of a two flight series, which allowed her to get home (Maine) at 8 PM instead of waaay later at 2 AM.

2) I'll let her tell you the big news in her own words:

Doesn't get any better than that!

Glad she had an experience she liked. For myself, yesterday i woke up at our cottage in the alps, fired up the stove, had a breakfast of hearty bread, Südtiroler Speck and coffee made on a wood-fuelled stove on the terrace in the sun with a view of the whole Karwendel range

http://harry.ilo.de/projekte/berge/img/berg/benediktenwand/gross/IMG_1043.JPG

then packed my backpack and walked two hours over blooming alpine meadows down to the valley.

Not saying this is better or worse than what your sister experienced, but it was better - for me :)

cat6
06-03-2014, 01:19 AM
cool story bro(sis).

bobswire
06-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Glad she had an experience she liked. For myself, yesterday i woke up at our cottage in the alps, fired up the stove, had a breakfast of hearty bread, Südtiroler Speck and coffee made on a wood-fuelled stove on the terrace in the sun with a view of the whole Karwendel range

http://harry.ilo.de/projekte/berge/img/berg/benediktenwand/gross/IMG_1043.JPG

then packed my backpack and walked two hours over blooming alpine meadows down to the valley.

Not saying this is better or worse than what your sister experienced, but it was better - for me :)

That sounds downright borrrrrrinnnng.
I woke up to the hustle and bustle of city life at 4 a.m. with the banging of garbage cans being thrown about by the garbage man and the hydraulics of the truck crushing and packing garbage into the back loader. This is the sights and sounds and smell to really get you going in the morning. ;)

Louis
06-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Glad she had an experience she liked.

Um, just for the record, she was being sarcastic.

(I felt I had to clear that up, in case anyone else out there came within a jillion miles of thinking that for her people like KW or KK are anything other than a source of amusement and evidence of how low our society has sunk.)

dumbod
06-03-2014, 08:52 AM
"Don't you wish you were travelling with my sister yesterday?"

It depends. How cute is she?

Saint Vitus
06-03-2014, 11:04 AM

That was my thought as well...

Dead Man
06-03-2014, 11:11 AM
That was my thought as well...

Yup.

mktng
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Uhh it's Kimye. Tell your sister to get her names right. Gawwd

Mike Lopez
06-03-2014, 11:29 AM

If this was a bike we'd want pictures, right? ;)

Ozz
06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I was flying out of Portland about a month or two ago, and noticed a very tall, blondish woman, who looked really fit....when she turned and I saw her face, my buddy and I turned to each other and both said: "Gabrielle Reece"

I'll take that "celeb sighting" any day

She looks great....just sayin'