PDA

View Full Version : Childish behavior

Too Tall
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I "ride" the shopping cart to the car and out of the store.

Run, jump on and go!

CONFESS!

Kevan
02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
To the frustration of my entire family when I pop open a beer I throw the cap into the gap between the stove and the countertop. Rootbeers too.

Not to mention all the irritating stuff I do here as well.

David Kirk
02-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I steer mine by lightly dragging a toe on one of the rear wheels. Too much fun.

Dave

dirtdigger88
02-17-2006, 05:41 PM
I still practice wheelies- bunny hops - tailwhips- all that stuff on a regular basis- yes ON my road bike

Jason

sellsworth
02-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes I admit that I ride shopping carts, but only ones made of titanium. The bearings in the wheels have to be sealed too. I try to steer clear of carts with straight-gauged tubing.

Elefantino
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I do the Sergio Garcia thing and try to push in into the cart holder from a great distance.

Those guys are good. I'm not.

Haven't hit any cars though.

Yet.

Ray
02-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Fart out loud whenever possible.

-Ray

bcm119
02-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Fart out loud whenever possible.

-Ray

As opposed to what? farting under your breath? Whisper-farting?

dirtdigger88
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM

HERE (http://members.aol.com/Z321go/Farts.htm) its all covered here

Jason

spiderlake
02-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm the guy in front of you that can't make up his mind when ordering even something as simple as a beer. If they don't have a Guinness on tap then I start running through the standard questions (whatcha got on tap? any local brews? what do you recommend") and that just adds to my confusion.

manet
02-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Run, jump on and go!

CONFESS!

high school job (@ mammoth mart!) included gathering carts
in parking lot _ so, yes.

Tailwinds
02-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I love "kids'" food... pb&j sandwiches... but especially mac 'n cheese!

spiderlake
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
those are kid foods?? : ) I guess I haven't grown up yet!

davep
02-17-2006, 10:33 PM
high school job (@ mammoth mart!) included gathering carts
in parking lot _ so, yes.

There must be a photo to link to for this.....

manet
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
There must be a photo to link to for this.....

... BBDave has disenabled it.

tbushnel
02-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I still practice wheelies- bunny hops - tailwhips- all that stuff on a regular basis- yes ON my road bike

Jason

Now that's just cool :cool:
Ted

Dr. Doofus
02-18-2006, 06:42 AM
plastic dinosaurs on my desk at school

they kick azz

Too Tall
02-18-2006, 06:48 AM
I knew I'd wandered into the right village :)
Good tip Dave, I'll try that. My "thing" is to line it up and see how far I can go before having to jump-run-correct trajectory...it all starts with picking a good cart in the parking lot. OMG I confessed too much!!!

CNY rider
02-18-2006, 07:26 AM
I love "kids'" food... pb&j sandwiches... but especially mac 'n cheese!

I eat PBJ for lunch at least 3 days a week. Seems to drive my boss absolutely crazy, judging by the scowl I get every time she sees it. Something about not taking life too seriously? :banana:

znfdl
02-18-2006, 07:34 AM

Run, jump on and go!

CONFESS!

I ride shopping carts whenever I can.

I also like to play childish practical jokes on my kids. I just wished that their psychologist bills were not soooo expensive.

Ray
02-18-2006, 07:48 AM
To squelch or not to squelch - that is the question. In polite company (yeah, I'm finding myself THERE a LOT), one must at least attempt to squelch. Amongst family and particularly tight friends, one must ler 'er rip.

Childishly,

-Ray

Dr. Doofus
02-18-2006, 08:02 AM
less bread and pasta

more fruits and veggies

=

nothing but sbds

let em rip with confidence, kids

Kevin
02-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Snap my wife's bra strap.

Kevin

dirtdigger88
02-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Wear my wife's bra.

Kevin

***?

Jason

Dr. Doofus
02-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Wear my wife's bra.

Kevin

that's mp

unless you wear the matching panties

then its cool

dirtdigger88
02-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Kevin? (http://www.links.net/pix/garters.gif)

oh yeah- I do stuff like this. . .

Jason

Dr. Doofus
02-18-2006, 08:18 AM
dirt...

man...

that pic proves it...

the jerk was thinner in the old days

dirtdigger88
02-18-2006, 08:19 AM
dirt...

man...

that pic proves it...

the jerk was thinner in the old days

but "his hair was perfect. . . "

Jason

pale scotsman
02-18-2006, 08:38 AM
At home I eat lying down on the floor every chance I get.

Keith A
02-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I ride the shopping carts almost every time I get the chance -- both in and out of the store. I also enjoy pulling childish practical jokes on my kids and co-workers.

Just yesterday, I took the sharp point off the end of a dart and threw the shaft & flight as hard as I could at a co-worker. Scared him to death as he thought he was a goner.

Last night at home, I found dead lizard in the house (my kids and wife HATE lizards) and I walked up to my youngest daughter and gently placed it on her arm and she let out a nice scream. One down, two to go. I took Mr. lizard to daughter number two while she was on the computer and dropped on the keyboard as she was typing. Another round of screaming -- two down, and one to go. I grabbed my friend one more time and was walking in the family room where my wife was relaxing and watching the Olympics. She wasn't feeling great, so I decided it would be best to skip her this time. My oldest daughter missed out on the fun as she was out last night...but she's here now and I know where my friend is :p

As Bruce K's signature states, "I won't grow up!" :D

Kevin
02-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Jason,

Nice alteration on my qoute. Of course I had to go back and look at my orignal post to make I hadn't type something in error. ;)

Kevin

Keith A
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Score number three!!! I managed to put the lizard on my daughter's leg while she was cleaning her car without her noticing...and when she saw it she went crazy -- the best one of all.

ti_boi
02-18-2006, 11:05 AM
When I am way ahead in the Snowboard Cross event.....and I grab my board in a hot dog move over the last jump....catch an edge and fall on my butt....costing myself the GOLD medal...oh wait! That wasn't me... :D

scienceguy08
02-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure how to act like an adult :bike:

sc53
02-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Whenever I pass a mirror--anywhere--I make bizarre faces and sometimes add bizarre poses. It doesn't matter who I'm with.

Kevan
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
take turns standing behind doors and corners of the house, scaring the BGB's out of each other.

In fact... he's due.

Sandy
02-18-2006, 05:18 PM
You don't have to stand behind the door! :rolleyes:

Standing Sandy

Kevan
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
My friend.

Too Tall
02-18-2006, 07:07 PM
OK which of you clowns rigged the pepper shaker at dinner tonight?
OMG - Queen and I do the same thing....stalking in the dark. When she is dressing, I shut off all the lights and make creepy noises....oooooo skery.

Keith A
02-18-2006, 08:08 PM
We have a window right beside where one of our computers sits and I'll go outside when someone is intently working on the computer and bang on that window and scream really loud...somehow they don't think it is funny as I do :confused:

Tom
02-18-2006, 09:12 PM
When I wind up in the situation where I am accompanying Karen as she shops, I do two things. I have the "Hideous Awards" where I amuse myself trying to find and audibly identify the most hideous thing for sale.

I also help other people shop. For example, they may ask their friend: "Isn't this table lovely?"

"NO! For the love of God and all humanity NO!" I say helpfully.

Kevan
02-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I was walking the dogs and decided to throw a snowball at our bedroom window. The scream that came from my wife that I heard from outside warmed my heart. Teeeee heeee heeeee!

Kevin
02-19-2006, 06:21 AM
I was walking the dogs and decided to throw a snowball at our bedroom window. The scream that came from my wife that I heard from outside warmed my heart. Teeeee heeee heeeee!

There is a line there, but I am going to leave it alone.

Kevin

Kevan
02-19-2006, 06:57 AM
There is a line there, but I am going to leave it alone.

Kevin

the house here is completely still with everyone asleep, but me sitting here at the pc, snickering and weezing at your response. Very funny!

Well, my son Tucker did it to me again last night. I had slipped upstairs leaving the family to watching their movies and eating popcorn. I climbed into bed, grabbed my book and probably spent the better part of 15 minutes to a half hour reading the same paragraph. I finally had passed out with good memories of an epic bike ride helping me along. At some point later, I sensed some sound immediately around me. I first peeled open one eye, then jumped with a start and yelled out a hearty “AAAHHH!” seeing this face so very close to mine own. Tucker had come into the room, was reaching down for the cord switch along side my bed stand, trying to turn off my light. I startled him so, we were inches apart screaming scared at each other. We both broke into a chuckle.

Tucker finished his task and slipped from the room and I laid there for a while listening to him go down stairs and share the story with the other members of the family. A warmhearted laugh wafted upstairs.

I'm gonna get that boy.

Spectrum Bob
02-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Besides embarrassing my 8 year old all the time just being my silly self – I am also a big fan of shopping carts sometimes riding them with my daughter (if we only had a tandem) – I also have been known to walk into a co-workers cubical, cutting a big one and walking out complaining about the smell.

CarlosContreros
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
can't sign off of this site!