PDA

View Full Version : Seattle bikefit - walk-in/short notice

lukeheller
05-31-2014, 12:19 PM
I have a friend on tour who needs a good bikefit on the quick. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!

hida yanra
05-31-2014, 01:08 PM
I have a friend on tour who needs a good bikefit on the quick. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!

Talk to Velopez, he's a good guy and does solid work. I think he might be out of town for the weekend, but he'd be my first suggestion. If he is anywhere close he'll be helpful.
Otherwise, Eric Moen (Corpore Sano) or Neil G at Foot Works.

source: I know all three of them personally, have been fit by two of them, and would go to any of them myself.

rcnute
05-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks!

See Smiley at R&E in the U-District.

Ryan

nate2351
05-31-2014, 02:58 PM
What sort of fit? Road, tri, tt, xc? Racing or just riding?

lukeheller
05-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Touring. 60-80/day, five days a week.

CaptStash
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Erik Moen is the best IMHO, but he might be tough to get in to see this close to STP. I am not a big fan of Smiley and R & E, they are big into short steep stems and an upright position. Not my cup of tea. Heard lots of positive things about Footworks. Finally, Brooke at Speedy Reedy can do a competent basic fit.

CaptStash....

CaptStash
06-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Oops. Double post.

justinrchan
06-01-2014, 09:05 AM
I would also recommend Speedy Reedy in Fremont.
Eric Moen is great but as the poster above said but could be super busy but doesn't hurt to call and ask.

hida yanra
06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
R & E

After years in the business, it still baffles me that a custom frame shop still sends +50% of their bikes out the door w/ stubby little fit stems at odd angles.

Dunno if that is an aesthetic that I don't get, or they have theories about frame geo that I am unfamiliar with, or the fitters don't talk to the builders- but the oddest bikes come rolling out of there.