PDA

View Full Version : Merckx Premium Fork ??

climbgdh
05-28-2014, 08:10 PM
folks;

i had one of those "doh" moments a week or so ago with my beloved Merckx Premium when it was loaded on my vans rear fork mount rack. long story short....... badly bent drop on fork. no other major damage on the bike but i'm going to have to replace the fork. i believe these forks in 2007 where made by Easton (not 100% sure though). i've contacted Merckx North American about the slim chances of getting a replacement but wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a replacement. of course i went back to Merckx thinking i could get a painted to match fork but i expect that is doubtful (still waiting to hear back from them). this frame has about 20,000 km on it and i know these scandium frames have a definitive lifetime ....... so maybe not even worth investing in a new fork. thoughts appreciated!! thx.

John H.
05-28-2014, 10:57 PM
My recollection was that the fork on the team sc and also premium was nothing special.
I would just try to find a used a Reynolds for interested steerer.

folks;

i had one of those "doh" moments a week or so ago with my beloved Merckx Premium when it was loaded on my vans rear fork mount rack. long story short....... badly bent drop on fork. no other major damage on the bike but i'm going to have to replace the fork. i believe these forks in 2007 where made by Easton (not 100% sure though). i've contacted Merckx North American about the slim chances of getting a replacement but wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a replacement. of course i went back to Merckx thinking i could get a painted to match fork but i expect that is doubtful (still waiting to hear back from them). this frame has about 20,000 km on it and i know these scandium frames have a definitive lifetime ....... so maybe not even worth investing in a new fork. thoughts appreciated!! thx.

nelson
05-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Premium would have come with Easton EC90, 43 mm rake.