10 Guennadi Mikhailov (Rus) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team

Hammond 3rd? Uh, ok. Cool.

Fixed
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
bro it's goin to be a good year of racing i.m.h.o. :beer:
hammond is the english cross champ he won it in a sprint

Argos
02-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh, I ain't down on Hammond. I just know he has good luck and bad luck and to see him mixing it up is good.

Dr. Doofus
02-16-2006, 01:45 PM
hammond is a graduate of the hilaire-hard-azz school...he is propah

why is cooke back in it?

he's got the flemish godfatha behins him now

bigdeal
02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
I think Boonen's holding back a bit, trying to not show all his cards before the Classics and Milan-San Remo which he's targetting.

Grant McLean
02-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Robbie seems off to a bit of a slow start.
And who's this Enrico Degano dude? The
Barloworld rider beat McEwen twice at the
GP International Costa Azul in Portugal this week.
I had to look the guy up:
http://www.world-of-cycling.com/sites/riders/italien/degano_enrico.htm
Maybe it's those shiny new red 'dales...

-g

Climb01742
02-17-2006, 04:20 AM
discovery should be a much more "interesting" team this year. johan could always count on lance getting a tour win, thus assuring sponsor visibility, thus assuring sponsorship. without lance, johan needs more of the boys trying to win in more races to get sponsor visibility to keep the team alive for years to come. seeing hammond mix it up this early is, i think, an indication that johan knows that without his "mealticket" lance, disco's future now is being written in races far beyond the tour. cool.

Frustration
02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I think Boonen's holding back a bit, trying to not show all his cards before the Classics and Milan-San Remo which he's targetting.

He won like 5 in a row in Qatar or some odd number then won again rec. If that's holding back, I wonder what trying looks like?

when things are smooth, Peta is the shiznit... When things are not smooth it's Boonen. They may trade off a little, but it is what it is.

Argos
02-17-2006, 10:42 AM
discovery should be a much more "interesting" team this year. johan could always count on lance getting a tour win, thus assuring sponsor visibility, thus assuring sponsorship. without lance, johan needs more of the boys trying to win in more races to get sponsor visibility to keep the team alive for years to come. seeing hammond mix it up this early is, i think, an indication that johan knows that without his "mealticket" lance, disco's future now is being written in races far beyond the tour. cool.

I agree. I love this team, and it's never had anything to do with Lance.. (ok, I did like the first few years)

But with the young Belgium contingent, my boy George, Savo, and Hammond.... All of them really... It's gonna be a year you can REALLY root for this team.