PDA

View Full Version : how do you say no thanks ?

Fixed
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
bro we have a r.r. this weekend and I'm on a new team that all my bros are on . no team kit yet so. I ask my bro that is a doctor to use a jersey for the weekend well he's not racing he got a new wife . well he gives a whole new team kit that's great .he says hey use my bike for the race . his bike is an 11 pound litespeed ghisallo. bro thats nice but it's taken two months to get dailed in on my caad7 which feels great now . no no use my bike come get tonight . ... so how do i say no I mean isn't 16 pounds lite enough for a 57 mile race with 3300 feet of climbing ? I would have done it on my old 20 pound steel and that would have fine with me if I hadn't got a deal on my new bike .but he really wants me to use his bike .He is a big team sponser and I don't want to hurt his feeling . cheers :beer:

Bruce K
02-16-2006, 11:06 AM
You say exactly that.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate the offer. I'd love to ride your bike some other time, but not for the first time at a race. I think it would be better to race the bike I am most comfortable on.

How about the day after for a recovery ride?"

Does that work for you, Bro? :D ;)

:banana: :banana:

BK
The Jersey Nazi

ergott
02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
bro we have a r.r. this weekend and I'm on a new team that all my bros are on . no team kit yet so. I ask my bro that is a doctor to use a jersey for the weekend well he's not racing he got a new wife . well he gives a whole new team kit that's great .he says hey use my bike for the race . his bike is an 11 pound litespeed ghisallo. bro thats nice but it's taken two months to get dailed in on my caad7 which feels great now . no no use my bike come get tonight . ... so how do i say no I mean isn't 16 pounds lite enough for a 57 mile race with 3300 feet of climbing ? I would have done it on my old 20 pound steel and that would have fine with me if I hadn't got a deal on my new bike .but he really wants me to use his bike .He is a big team sponser and I don't want to hurt his feeling . cheers :beer:

"Thanks bro, but you know how it is when you spend so much time dialing a bike in so it's just right. You don't want to make any last minute changes like that."

Argos
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Eric nailed it. Just say you've been working on position and you've got it dialed in, etc....

11lbs? Seems a bit..... Crazy.

Rover-Rich
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM
" You don't want to make any last minute changes like that."
Like Bode Miller :rolleyes:

Kevan
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Pedals won't fit.

Dave B
02-16-2006, 12:01 PM
"Bro, that is wicked nice of you, but I have weird routines when I race and riding the bike I train on is one of them." "Plus if I bail in a corner, I would rather not have to buy a new Litespeed!" :beer:

Hysbrian
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
You could always give him my address! I just had to send my bike back to get it fixed.

TimD
02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
"Wow, that's an awesome offer, I'm sure I'd be faster on it, but were some bozo ahead of me in the pack to drop it and me to hit him you and I both would be really bummed. So, thanks, maybe (insert next opportunity here)"

TimD

yeehawfactor
02-16-2006, 01:03 PM
i'd say this:
bro imho the bike is dialed in its nice of you to offer i will ride it one day cheers :beer:

:cool:

lnomalley
02-16-2006, 01:05 PM
the lighter frame will do nothing for your race finish. don't even think about it. have FUN racing... be smart.. ride your rig.

Too Tall
02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
You already said yes? Mmmm, put both bikes in the car and maybe his will have a flat 15 mins. before the race? Stranger things have happened.

Fixed
02-16-2006, 01:20 PM
"Bro, that is wicked nice of you, but I have weird routines when I race and riding the bike I train on is one of them." "Plus if I bail in a corner, I would rather not have to buy a new Litespeed!" :beer:
bro he told me if i crash it it would just give him a reason to get a new bike . thanks the doc's a bro and a good racer . I will tell him the truth I have a hard time getting used to a bike I must be getting old little things bother me now that didn't use to . he'll understand like I said he's a bro .cheers

slowgoing
02-16-2006, 01:24 PM
"Thanks, but I'd rather borrow your new wife."

Problem solved.

Fixed
02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
bro his old one was hot too cheers :beer:

dirtdigger88
02-16-2006, 01:37 PM
No- but- thanks!!!!

Jason