PDA

View Full Version : Non-biker opinions of bikers...

Dead Man
05-25-2014, 09:35 PM
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/share-the-road-bicycle-thread.169868/

Were any of you aware that we're apparently criminal, reckless, free-loading scoundrels, who should be subject to licensing, taxation, and registration? These Rose City gun enthusiasts have the solution to a problem I had no idea exists.

Louis
05-25-2014, 09:38 PM
who should be subject to licensing, taxation, and registration?

I'll be glad to, as soon as they're willing to have all their firearms subjected to those same rules.

Tony T
05-25-2014, 09:43 PM
The OP in that thread was well written, as were his responses.

For example:

This means a bicyclist has as much right to ride on the road as you do in your car. If they are riding in a lane that's only wide enough for one vehicle, they own the lane, and you are not allowed to "squeeze" past. This is unsafe. Whose fault is it that it's unsafe? Motorists often blame bicyclists when they behave in unsafe ways around bicyclists......... obviously that's defective reasoning. What's a better way to handle it? Well the law provides a safe solution for everyone: Wait until it's safe and legal to pass, then execute a safe and legal pass. Just like any other slow-moving vehicle. Even if you have a solid center line, if you pass in a safe fashion- fully exit the lane/fully enter the opposite lane, proceed at least a couple of car-lengths ahead, and then re-enter the lane- you're NOT going to get a ticket, and you don't risk any serious bodily injury or death to the cyclist, civil/legal liability to yourself, or damage to your vehicle.

Netdewt
05-25-2014, 09:43 PM
I get an earful about "self-righteous" cyclists every time I bike to work.