PDA

View Full Version : OT: Champions Final (no spoiler)

gianni
05-24-2014, 03:51 PM
It's on like donkey kong....right now on fox.

Real vs athleti. Must see.

wc1934
05-24-2014, 04:02 PM
2nd 15 coming up.

Exciting game but i so dislike gus johnson (he does not know the game) and Eric W is so negative. We need Ray Hudson.

gianni
05-24-2014, 04:04 PM
I love it and two weeks to the Mondiale.

wc1934
05-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Yup I will be taking lots of time off from work.

tuscanyswe
05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
edit: no spoilers

Climb01742
05-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Wow, 1.6 billion in transfer fees since 2002. Maybe money can't buy happiness but...

tuscanyswe
05-24-2014, 04:36 PM
yeah they have pretty deep pockets but thats excluding sales tho init?

1centaur
05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Exciting game but i so dislike gus johnson (he does not know the game) and Eric W is so negative. We need Ray Hudson.

After listening to English announcers all season on the premier league coverage it's tough to take American soccer announcers at all, and that's before that squeal of excitement today that sounded like the announcer wanted to have Sergio Ramos's baby.

LJohnny
05-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Dangnabit forgot it was today :(

Climb01742
05-24-2014, 06:45 PM
After listening to English announcers all season on the premier league coverage it's tough to take American soccer announcers at all, and that's before that squeal of excitement today that sounded like the announcer wanted to have Sergio Ramos's baby.

True, the English announcers and commentators on the EPL were refreshingly understated. Allowing silence is a skill unknown to American sports broadcasters.

wc1934
05-24-2014, 08:09 PM
True, the English announcers and commentators on the EPL were refreshingly understated. Allowing silence is a skill unknown to American sports broadcasters.

Yup and when they do speak you get gems like this from Ray:

“He’s like a Jedi Knight; no, better than that, a Templar Knight” of Lionel Messi in his performance against Venezuela in Copa America Qualifiers

or

“Oh, beautiful… YYYAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Nothing less than the equivalent of a footballing bird of paradise is this man that defies the description man! Genius of geniuses! He’s like Doctor Spock! He’s out of his Vulcan mind! Absolutely out of this world! Lionel! Look at the tuck away, look at the pace, he fills this field up in warp speed Doctor Spock, in warp speed. MAAAAAAGISTERIAL ARGENTINA! MAGISTEEERIAL LEOOO!! Running like he’s got a food mixer down his shorts, and it set the beat.”

gianni
05-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Yup and when they do speak you get gems like this from Ray:

“He’s like a Jedi Knight; no, better than that, a Templar Knight” of Lionel Messi in his performance against Venezuela in Copa America Qualifiers

or

“Oh, beautiful… YYYAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Nothing less than the equivalent of a footballing bird of paradise is this man that defies the description man! Genius of geniuses! He’s like Doctor Spock! He’s out of his Vulcan mind! Absolutely out of this world! Lionel! Look at the tuck away, look at the pace, he fills this field up in warp speed Doctor Spock, in warp speed. MAAAAAAGISTERIAL ARGENTINA! MAGISTEEERIAL LEOOO!! Running like he’s got a food mixer down his shorts, and it set the beat.”

True and I like me some Ray, but he is way too in love with messi and tiki taka football.

I think Eric wynalda is great --he pulls no punches and understands the game unlike other Anglo-Phile types with only a cheesy accents and simple observations.

I tell you what, I would love to team Ray and Eric to call the tour instead of Phil Ligget.

Anarchist
05-24-2014, 09:19 PM
I tried to watch an afternoon replay. Sportsnet were showing the 14th inning of a game between Boston and Tampa Bay, in great detail. Then they went to women's tennis. Remind me to thank them.