PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Riding Plans?

MattTuck
05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
What have you all got planned for this weekend?

I've got 2 rides mapped out, about 40 miles each.

One has a bit of dirt and will hopefully end at the local farmer's market on Saturday. The other involves a stop at "Worthy Burger" in South Royalton, VT (an interesting burger place about 20 miles away) and involves a nice bit of climbing.

Hoping weather cooperates.

nublar
05-22-2014, 01:58 PM
~50, 4000 ft of climbing on Saturday
~50-60, 4000 ft of climbing on Sunday
~30 on Monday

TheEnglish
05-22-2014, 02:03 PM
The wife and I are heading out to Lake Chelan for the weekend with a couple of friends. I am the only "fanatic" rider, so I may head out for a quick ride with a buddy or a couple, but I really plan on taking the mountain bike and hitting Devil's Gulch on an early morning assault. It's a long climb up a fire road and then a flowing fast descent down through old growth forests. Round trip should be around 25 miles and 4000 feet elevation.

OtayBW
05-22-2014, 02:21 PM
70 mi w/45K climbing on Sat. Probably 30-40 on Sun if it's just me, maybe more, depending on who's going out. Monday - who knows...
Oops, I mean 4.5K climbing....

sixgears
05-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Painting route markings for the Tour de Cure ... hopefully will get out on Sunday. Then, watching the Tour of Sommerville on Monday.

MattTuck
05-22-2014, 02:38 PM
The wife and I are heading out to Lake Chelan for the weekend with a couple of friends. I am the only "fanatic" rider, so I may head out for a quick ride with a buddy or a couple, but I really plan on taking the mountain bike and hitting Devil's Gulch on an early morning assault. It's a long climb up a fire road and then a flowing fast descent down through old growth forests. Round trip should be around 25 miles and 4000 feet elevation.

That sounds great. While I was in Seattle, I tasted a bit in Yakima/Zillah and then tasted a lot in Woodinville, especially of wines from Red Mountain. Never made it to Lake Chelan, but heard there is some good wine there as well.

sandyrs
05-22-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm going to Cape Cod with my girlfriend and another couple and will be riding as much as I can manage without feeling like I'm separating myself from the group. Fortunately, I get up a couple hours earlier than any of them so I'm looking at about 30 miles tomorrow, 55 on Saturday, and 50 or so on Sunday.

shovelhd
05-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Tour of Somerville.

David Tollefson
05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
I've got a 4-day weekend coming...

My riding will be:

(1) With the RockSteady kids tri team on Saturday, hill repeats. Gotta school these kids on how to NOT take each other down in a pack.

(2) Seven Hills of Kirkland on Monday, but I'll be doing the metric C route, which adds another 4. In homage to the Alabama thread, I'll be wearing a Stars and Stripes jersey. I'll be on a Softride, so if you see me out there, say "hi".

TheEnglish
05-22-2014, 03:00 PM
That sounds great. While I was in Seattle, I tasted a bit in Yakima/Zillah and then tasted a lot in Woodinville, especially of wines from Red Mountain. Never made it to Lake Chelan, but heard there is some good wine there as well.

MattTuck -
Some of our favorite wineries are out in Chelan. If you make it out again, check out Four Lakes (not only great wines, but beautiful tasting room) and Ventimiglia (a bit off the beaten path, but amazing wine and the wine maker/owner will just hang out with you and chat you up, least pretentious place out there).

BumbleBeeDave
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
. . . to get up to the Adirondacks at some time this weekend. Beautiful time of year and beautiful scenery and lovely lady cyclist to go show it to.

BBD

tiretrax
05-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping to test the new and improved arm and shoulder on a few rides for the first time in months. Probably 20 miles to and around the lake on the streets and path.

I would rather be riding with any of you guys in places more scenic and bike friendly.

tigoat
05-22-2014, 05:29 PM
My plan will be doing 100 miles on Saturday and 63 miles on Sunday. Might go for a back-to-back century since I will be off Monday.

Cat3roadracer
05-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Get to bed early. She us going to smoke you up the hills.

. . . to get up to the Adirondacks at some time this weekend. Beautiful time of year and beautiful scenery and lovely lady cyclist to go show it to.

BBD

nighthawk
05-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Scuba diving in key largo :)

Riding next week.

kramnnim
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM
I get to drive about 1,100 miles. Yay.

:(

Tony
05-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Wife and I are doing a ride in Amador County, some hill repeats up Daffodil Hill, 55 miles.

F150
05-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Moving 800 Banker's Boxes of paper files, plus another ton of rolled drawings, from nasty basement of former employer into 30 cubic yard rolloff on Saturday. If I can walk afterward, maybe an overnighter on the Natchez Trace?

flydhest
05-22-2014, 10:17 PM
will be visiting family at the Jersey Shore, so flat, crappy riding, but at least it is supposed to rain :(

Tandem Rider
05-23-2014, 05:21 AM
On call for work. I just can't get over about :45 away so any length will be laps. Good time to do intervals.

stien
05-23-2014, 05:39 AM
I'm going to Cape Cod with my girlfriend and another couple and will be riding as much as I can manage without feeling like I'm separating myself from the group. Fortunately, I get up a couple hours earlier than any of them so I'm looking at about 30 miles tomorrow, 55 on Saturday, and 50 or so on Sunday.

Where on the cape? We live in Bourne and are hitting the road a lot this weekend.

Planning on 50 today, 50 tomorrow, racing Wells ave Sunday hopefully and whatever we can manage Monday.

tele
05-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Going to the Mt Washington Valley for our traditional long weekend with some other families. No Tucks this year but got some mtb rides in order.

godfrey1112000
05-23-2014, 06:25 AM
With the sun coming up at 515am, I usually can get 70 plus before anyone is up
All before 930am

I will be in Sisters Oregon Monday
Spokane valley and Idaho Wednesday
Bozeman Mt Friday and Saturday
Mt. Rushmore on Sunday

Lots of climbing and view

christian
05-23-2014, 06:34 AM
1:00 hr recovery on the trainer tonight; three Episodes of Awkward.
3:30 tomorrow; riding home from a family trip to CT
1:40 subthresholds Sunday
2:30 social ride with internet friends Monday (to be confirmed by said forumites)

commonguy001
05-23-2014, 06:55 AM
Hitting the road with the camper this afternoon going to sakatah state park in southern MN and bringing bikes.
Riding early for a couple three hours each morning at sun up and then later in the day with the wife so she can break in her new Salsa Warbird on some MN gravel.