PDA

View Full Version : Props to Fizik Customer Service

Wayne77
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Last week I traded my Fizik Kurve Bull for a Kurve Chameleon with another forumite (I'll let him out himself if he wishes...) Anyway, I didn't notice that my saddle had a crack in the carbon weave under the saddle. The other party noticed this upon receipt of the saddle and kindly pointed out the issue..we agreed that we'd check with Fizik.

Well I spoke with "Alice" from Fizik over in Italy. No questions asked, she mentioned that she didn't recommend replacing with another Kurve Bull - they are in the process of updating that line still (apparently they are aware of this issue as it must be a design defect) and offered to exchange for a brand new Fizik Aliante Carbon (same shape)...a very nice saddle, that actually costs a bit more than the Kurve Bull.

Anyway this takes care of the issue for both of us and way to go Fizik for standing behind your product and going above and beyond for your customers!

bcroslin
05-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I had the same issue with my Kurve Bull saddle and Fizik replaced it no questions asked.

djg21
05-22-2014, 06:28 PM
I love my Kurve Snake. I'll have to check for cracks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RedRider
05-22-2014, 06:37 PM
It's good to hear you had a great experience with Fizik in Italy. Just wondering why you had to go to Italy...Did you have problems dealing with the bike shop where you bought it?

MRB
05-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Fizik is very much a ma' an pa' type of operation. They care greatly about their customers, product reliability , as well as their craftsman-style employees.

I just don't get why my riding buddies are dumping the F's and getting S's toupes. To each his own I guess.

krhea
05-22-2014, 07:21 PM
I just don't get why my riding buddies are dumping the F's and getting S's toupes. To each his own I guess.

Perhaps because, what fits your butt shape well doesn't fit them as well. "If it don't fit, you must acquit".

bcroslin
05-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Fizik is very much a ma' an pa' type of operation. They care greatly about their customers, product reliability , as well as their craftsman-style employees.

The only reason why I switched on my road bike is because my Aliante was eating my butt for lunch. I still have one on my mtb and CX bike but for how long I don't know. With that said, I love Fizik shoes. I'm on my 2nd pair of F3's and they're comfortable enough I almost want to buy another pair to hang around the house in.

AngryScientist
05-23-2014, 05:43 AM
yes, as it turns out i will be the lucky beneficiary in this deal. it was awesome that fizik stepped right up and helped us out. also refreshing that they were honest about revamping the kurve line and recommending something different.

on a similar note, i just put a set of the new fizik handlebars on my moots, and they are a super shape for me, very happy with fizik all around!

danielpack22@ma
05-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Oh great... Now I'll need to check my saddle as well..

Thanks for the heads up!

Wayne77
05-23-2014, 10:15 AM
It's good to hear you had a great experience with Fizik in Italy. Just wondering why you had to go to Italy...Did you have problems dealing with the bike shop where you bought it?

I used the customer service email on the Fizik.com website. I got a response from a nice woman from Fizik Italy. She's been kindly handling the issue since then...

djg21
09-02-2017, 12:08 PM
It’s got to be 5 seasons, so I can’t complain too much, but my Kurve Snake is cracked across the width of the saddle now. I found a new old stock one at Biketiresdirect.com for $125, and I’ve contacted Fizik to see if it will replace my broke saddle under warranty. They no longer make the Kurve though. A too bad. It was a really comfortable saddle.

donevwil
09-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Love Fizik, bought a stem with a missing bolt and spherical washer and emailed Fizik as to where I could buy one. They requested my address and sent me a full set no questions asked.

R3awak3n
09-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Their saddles dont vibe with me as much as spesh ones (I wish they did because they seem like a great company, spesh would have never done this). That said, I love and use only their tape. It sucks for them though because the tape seems to last forever ao I dont have to buy it that often.

Their components also seem to be very good. I had a seatpost that came on a bike and sold it here (just have too many posts around) but was it nice, adjustable ing mech was nice, cobstruction nice, shoulda kept it

rustychisel
09-02-2017, 09:58 PM
The instruction to do good works is passed down the line, I suspect.

Years ago had a Pave saddle which 'fell apart'. The local reps asked for a photo and description of the event then sent me the newest model replacement [completely uncalled for at my end].

Props to them.

mcteague
09-03-2017, 06:23 AM
The bolt on my Fizik seatpost seemed just a bit too small for any of the tools I had. The Allen wrench had to be forced in to make adjustments and tended to slip out. I e-mailed the company, just hoping for a new bolt, and they shipped an entire clamp assembly along with a Fizik Winter skull cap! Just amazing customer service.

Tim