PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Versus X saddles?

Lewis Moon
05-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Has anyone tried the new Versus X saddles? The prostatitis has been acting up. Please don't suggest the SMP. Can't handle the ugly.

LJohnny
05-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Oh, common, you should give'm a try!

$100 shipped to your door [edit:: this saddle has been sold]

gavingould
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM
haven't been on the VS X model but have been riding the regular VS Antares for a couple seasons now. might warrant a closer look!

oldpotatoe
05-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Has anyone tried the new Versus X saddles? The prostatitis has been acting up. Please don't suggest the SMP. Can't handle the ugly.

Had saddle sore, tried various Fizik, no soap...SMP Dynamic..nobody can see it when you are sitting on it. Put a red one on the Moots, why not?

bcroslin
05-19-2014, 12:08 PM
You might want to take a look at the Pro Turnix AF saddles. I was having fits with my Fizik Aliante and I switched to the 142mm wide version of the Turnix that features a large cut out and it's made a world of difference. It's the best saddle I've ever ridden.

Gern
05-19-2014, 12:27 PM
I hate to say it, but the ugly is OK. I had prostate surgery earlier this year. The SMP works well. It's on a carbon bike (Time), so the shape is less objectionable. I can also recommend a Dash saddle (I have one on my Serotta), however, it's more ugly than the SMP, if that's possible. It is extremely light (120g), though, so there's that.

At this point, I am past the aesthetics of saddles. I just want to be "functional" with some modicum of comfort. As was said earlier, nobody will see it when you are on the bike.

PS: I realize that I did not address your question directly. To the point, the Fizik saddle looks to have a channel and not a true cut out. I suspect that this would be helpful, but it may not create a large enough hole for symptom relief. As always, degree of pelvic rotation, pubic rami width and bike position all affect saddle fit.

Ahneida Ride
05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
The prostatitis has been acting up.

Try taking a Zinc supplement ....eat pumpkin seeds too.
Zinc is cheap.

Worked for me .... antibiotics did not work.

( My Saddle is a Brooks B17)