PDA

View Full Version : jerk right about VDB

sellsworth
03-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Vandenbroucke is riding very well in Paris-Nice. If I remember right jerk recently told us that VDB is really strong this year and has his head on straight now. VDB said that he is setting himself up for next year but I think that he'll pull off at least one major victory this year - L-B-L perhaps?

It's great to see Hincapie and Julich up at the top of the GC in Paris-Nice.

victoryfactory
03-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Can you imagine? There you are at the top of the very hill that ended the TDF for Beloki last July . AND IT'S WET!

And you go for it!

Victory Factory, who wouldn't have the nerve to even coast down that hill

BumbleBeeDave
03-12-2004, 02:49 PM
. . . the Jerk is EVER wrong?!?!?! :eek:

News to me . . .

BBDave:rolleyes:

MartyE
03-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by victoryfactory
Can you imagine? There you are at the top of the very hill that ended the TDF for Beloki last July . AND IT'S WET!

And you go for it!

Victory Factory, who wouldn't have the nerve to even coast down that hill
The only difference is the tar wasn't melting today.
Still would have scared the bejeesus outta me, but then I'm
not exactly the racer type.

Marty

Johny
03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Finally my cable has olntv. Gonna watch Paris-Nice tomorrow: maybe I can see VDB in action. Still has a poster of him on the Mapei uniform.... I would love to see him come back to his best: I believe, that is how you define yourself. Good to know from jerk that he is a good father.

Johny
03-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Anyone else watched the race on OLN today? VDB had a good break-away on the final climb but was not able to hold on. Vino attacked in the last 3 kilometers and did it again to win the stage 7: bravo, what a strong rider he is! Jaksche was also very strong and keeped the yellow jersey.

VDB is feeling good now, thinking about the upcoming spring classics.

Johny
03-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Watcehd the final stage today on OLN. My goodness, Vino won three stages in a row! Paul and Bob discussed whether he would work for Ullrich in the TDF. And the answer is Yes since he comes from the East European system. When Vino attacked on the final climb, he rode like a motorbike: that is really beautiful to watch.

I am happy for Bobby Julich, who finished third in the GC: it has been a long time for him to ride to the podium. Riis is a really good Team director and knows how to motivate his riders.

Check http://www.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=24 for the upcoming races on OLN. I cannot wait to watch Paris Roubaix. Maybe George Hincapie would do something special.

jerk
03-14-2004, 10:58 PM
if george hincapie got a brain transplant he could do something special.....untill then he will yell at several members of a given team to help him chase one of their team mates down....george hincapie is an idiot. it is because of this fact that he will never win a race where any thought is required.....the jerk on the other hand is a brillant tactician which must be why his palmares are so vast....anyway, the jerk actually likes george but he is too strong and not willing to sit back and utilize his gifts the way a musseuw or even a vdb does....for this he will forever be falling into ditches and yelling at flemish people in english to chase down their own team mates...

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2004, 08:36 AM
. . . a listing of your vast palmares would prompt us to respect your opinion about Mr. Hincapie a bit more.

Have you won Ghent-Wevelegm or any other classics race?

Just curious . . . :confused:

BBDave

jerk
03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
no the jerk has not which is the intended irony of the jerk's stupid post......the jerk's palmares consist of a few top ten finishes in races you have never heard of. the jerk while once getting paid to race, was not paid very much and probably more than he was worth....in short the jerk sucked.

saab2000
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
... and in fact saw the irony about his palmares.

Back when I used to race I raced with George a number of times. He is a very talented rider who by virtue of his talent really should have a number of big wins. That is not picking on him at all. Just to say that there have been many lesser riders who have won more. It is not always the best rider who wins, except in Switzerland where the courses are so hard that craftiness has no place because the crafty riders get dropped by the stronger ones. I digress......

I really hope he can win Paris-Roubaix before hangs it up.

Climb01742
03-15-2004, 09:30 AM
i'm glad too that bobby julich seems to be back on form. to be on the tour podium and then so little after that. julich seems like a good guy. i hope riis can pull something special out of bobby.

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2004, 10:05 AM
I concur with the Jerk's opinion that Hincapie may not be the best strategist in the peloton and his lack of more wins may have something to do with that. But to simply call him an idiot belittles a rider who has achived some impressive results--certainly far more than anyone in this forum ever has.

The opinion was reasonable. The name calling was over the top.

BBDave

Johny
03-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey jerk,

I am actually surprised Johan Bruyneel did not teach Hincapie a trick or two (or maybe George did not listen). Johan was a fox, right?

Len J
03-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I have a question:

After listening to several interviews with George, I am not so sure that his problem is brain mass related. He seems like a reasonably intelligent person. After watching him struggle the last few years, I am beginning to wonder if his problem is one of allowing himself to win, He can't seem to get out of his own way.

We all know physically gifted people that for one reason or another, whenever they get themselves in a position to win, they do something that sabotages their ability to win..........watch them long enough and you see a pattern. It's almost like they either don't know how to win or they don't believe they deserve to win. George is beginning to look like that. Look at Paris Robeaux 2 years ago, He's in the perfect position, he's strong, He's got a teammate (Boonen) in the breakaway, and he's motoring to catch the break, what happens? Listening to him and he "forgot to eat enough". He's been a pro too long, and P/R is too important to him. He always does enough to get in contention and then either gets tentative or does something stupid.

If he is not stupid (& I don't think he is) then he can't let himself win.

I'm rooting for him, but he sure can be frustrating.

Len

Roy E. Munson
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't call Hinapie an idiot - a pussy maybe. He is supremely talented, no doubt. Yet time and time again he gets in the decisive break or positions himself to win, only to sit back and watch while others work him over. How many times are we going to see him sit there and not respond to an attack while looking around waiting for someone else to do the work as the win goes up the road? I recall hearing that Lance even tried to hammer into his head that he has to make the race and bring it to the competition.

Legend_1970
03-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Give GH a break. He's got a clothing line to sell. You don't expect him to get his bike shorts and jersey all sweaty through actual race tactics, do you?!?!?!?
I rule, GH sucketh