PDA

View Full Version : OT: The New Hemi Charger

William
02-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Ok, when I look at the new Mustang, I can see the ghost of the Mach 1 in it's lines. When I look at the new Charger, I just don't see it....and I'm a MOPAR guy. :confused: I love all the 64 - 71 Hi-PO MOPAR muscle cars, Chargers included so I know what they look like....but what am I missing here?

Doc, I know you know MOPARS, should I get my eyes checked?

wthgh?

William

Kevin
02-14-2006, 05:31 AM
I'm with you. The current Charger does not remind me of the original. However, the Mustang and the Challenger are awesome looking.

Kevin

William
02-14-2006, 05:39 AM
...However, the Mustang and the Challenger are awesome looking.

I agree with you fully on that one. :cool:

William

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/01/08/imageDT10101071924.jpg

cs124
02-14-2006, 05:48 AM
those coke bottle hips are more camaro than charger...but hey it still looks more like a muscle car that the new gto does

Too Tall
02-14-2006, 06:11 AM
They soooo blew it.
The wagon is just awesome and they set the bar for truck "look" but geee that's just a massaged 300m.
Love the 69' Willm'.

William
02-14-2006, 06:59 AM
They soooo blew it.
The wagon is just awesome and they set the bar for truck "look" but geee that's just a massaged 300m.
Love the 69' Willm'.

Your a writing what I was thinking. It does look like a slightly worked over 300. :crap:

The 69 was a beaut. :cool:

William

Side bar:

True story, though of actions I do not condone....NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE.

One of the scariest nights of my life: We were coming home from a party that was near Browns Point on Commencement Bay in Tacoma, Wash. It was around 2:00 am and we were riding back with my friends older brother "Joe" (and a couple of his friends) who had a 1969 383 Charger that had been worked over by his uncle....the thing was a rocket. To say that "Joe" was drunk out of his gourd is a bit of an understatement. We could have said something, but we were way out there with no way home, no one to call (no cell phones then), and you ran the risk of getting your *** kicked if you said something.....which sometimes happened any way even if you didn't. The ride from the Point was fast, twisty turns and screeching, fish tailing corners. When had to cut through the industrial section to get across the Bay to DT Tacoma and then toward Point Defiance Park, that is when things went down hill.
When we hit the flats, "Joe" nailed the gas and that Charger rocketed up to about 130+ mph. He was blasting through intersections, through stop signs & red lights and it felt like we were catching air on the smallest bumps and rises. How many intersections and lights did he blow through? I have no idea, we were hanging on for dear life in the back of the car. My buddy and I yelled for him to slow down a number of times but he never responded to us and he never slowed down enough for us to even try getting out of the car...being a two door that was impossible anyway.
How we made it home in one piece with out being killed or killing someone else I'll never know. When we got out of the car I started to say something to "joe" which was immediately answered with a head butt to my chin. He was normally a safe driver but he was extremely intoxicated that night and shouldn't have been driving.That was the last time I ever rode in that car with "Joe". Though two years later my buddy got that car so it wasn't my last time in that Charger.

Should we have tried to stop him in the first place? The right answer is yes. But we were young, stupid, and it would have ended up in a fight which would have ended with them driving off anyway.

Too Tall
02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Protected Status:
(the usual suspects and:)
William

saab2000
02-14-2006, 07:26 AM
The overwhelming majority of cars brought out today make me sick. They are all just sanitized, clinic products with contrived designs in order not to be offensive to any one person that the end result is absurd. And they have automatic transmissions.

Get me the new Golf GTI and I will be OK. It will take most of the so-called muscle cars of past and present.

Those Chrysler monstrosities, especially the Charger, are what make me want a Ducati. Just my $.02

Elmer
02-14-2006, 07:34 AM
http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/lot_images/SC0505-23702a.jpg

Kevan
02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/pressphotos/69fastback_a.jpg

Okay! So it was little; what of it???

Fixed
02-14-2006, 07:56 AM
[http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/pressphotos/69fastback_a.jpg[/IMG]

Okay! So it was little; what of it???[/QUOTE]
bro now that is cool i.m.h.o. will a bike fit in back? cheers :beer:

William
02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/lot_images/SC0505-23702a.jpg

The Daytona's are cool, but I always prefered the Superbirds. :cool:

William

http://www.geocities.com/plymouthcargallery/1970Superbird.jpg

Blastinbob
02-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Yeah, the first one I saw was from the side and I thought it was a 4dr mustang. I still like the car and have had a chance to drive all the Hemi's incuding the 425hp SRT-8, wow!. I'm have never been a fan of the Challenger, but the new concept was done right.
I still have Chevy in my heart.

Serotta PETE
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, when I look at the new Mustang, I can see the ghost of the Mach 1 in it's lines. When I look at the new Charger, I just don't see it....and I'm a MOPAR guy. :confused: I love all the 64 - 71 Hi-PO MOPAR muscle cars, Chargers included so I know what they look like....but what am I missing here?

Doc, I know you know MOPARS, should I get my eyes checked?

wthgh?

William

I have the same problem. I have tried to see it but just can not....thought it was just me!!! :confused: :confused:

Kevan
02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Fixed
bro now that is cool i.m.h.o. will a bike fit in back? cheers :beer:[/QUOTE]

That '69 little blue bird is long gone. A bike rack was required unless you were willing to pop-off wheels and cope with chainring marks and gashes on the vinyl. That was a fun car. Made it thru my junior year in college. Passed it along with a whole host of problems to the next kid, but she still looked good.

alancw3
02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
bicycles??????

William
02-14-2006, 10:31 AM
bicycles??????

OT: gliatiywb.

William ;)