PDA

View Full Version : Torelli frames

JLNK
05-12-2014, 06:42 PM
By chance does anyone have experience with Torelli frames and Bikyle? They have a Max tubeset newly available as a custom order that looks like it could be nice. It can be had with a steel or carbon fork and any paint color they offer.

malcolm
05-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Never owned a Torelli, but I've bought a Peg from bikyle. It was a positive experience and would purchase from them again. It has been several years ago though so I don't know if all is the same.

rnhood
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM
There are several Torelli owners in our local club since we have a local dealer here in Raleigh. I've never heard but good comments from the owners. All seem very happy, and I routinely ride with a couple.

Nice bikes all around, mostly fig welded, very competitively priced, but pay attention to the geometry. Some have very short head tubes since they were built largely in the Italian road race venue. The more modern bikes are in the same vein as other modern bikes. Of course buying custom resolves any possible size or geometry issue.

The dealer here (TLC Bikes) has several in stock, one of which is a stainless frame set and its really, really nice looking. A very good dealer too.

LouDeeter
05-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Is Mondonico still making frames for Torelli? Is that who would make this frame?

chuckred
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I bought one from him in 1999 or so. It's been through a lot and still amazes me with its Cadillac like ride (in a god way). The shop treated me well until I moved away more than 10 years ago. Even after moving, they were responsive be e- mail when I needed some fit information after another shop readjusted things.

I'd highly recommend, but it's been a long time, so don't know if things have changed. If you feel good about them, then I can't see any reason not to go for it.

pbarry
05-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Is Mondonico still making frames for Torelli? Is that who would make this frame?

No, Bilatto maybe? Antonio's son took a position with the Colombo Group after his father's death. Afaik, Torelli licensed the Mondonico name and frame design.

559Rando
05-13-2014, 07:56 AM
My LBS, Adrenaline in Orange, CA (http://adrenalinebikes.com) sells Torelli and has a strong internet presence and does a lo of custom builds for people around the country. I'd talk to them if I were looking for a Torelli. I really respect the managers opinion and he has a few Torellis (3?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk