PDA

View Full Version : test rode an axiom this am - 9 on the stiffness scale

Kurt
03-12-2004, 12:50 PM
and pretty much my size. The frame does ride nice - I am not sure I could tell the difference from the concours I test rode (bought my legend on faith). The frame was very stiff, but still seemed to retain some level of confront. I really think its one of the perfect frame materials if done right, stiff like aluminum but less harsh. This frame did not have a spring or bounce like steel I have been on, really a nice damped feel. This frame also seemed to have larger tubes than other seven’s I have looked at. The welds were nice, but I will say that serotta has it going on with the stays and dropouts, they are just more elegant and less industrial looking, to me at least.

BumbleBeeDave
03-12-2004, 01:16 PM
. . . I TOLD you so! :butt: :butt: :butt:

(Not really mad--I just LOVE to use that smiley!)

BBDave :beer:

Jack Brunk
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Kurt,

Did you test ride the Seven at Sundance ?

Jack

Kurt
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
guy's bike in the club, sweet.

Larry
03-12-2004, 09:31 PM
I checked out the Seven Axiom again at the LBS.
It is not as beautiful as the Legend. It is a simple choice.
Check out those ordinary looking dropouts on the Seven.

Larry

Jack Brunk
03-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Its hard to look at the dropouts when your ridin down the road. The dropouts on my Alta are just as nice as My Ottrott St although the dropouts are different. Both bikes ride incredible and are a credit to their makers.

Jack

Larry
03-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Jack,

Also check those unusually fat chainstays on the Axiom. Just a bit strange IMHO.
But.... I guess the Seven does ride well. The aesthetics go to The Legend or Ottrott.

Larry

Jack Brunk
03-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Larry,

My Alta chain stays are larger also. I spoke to Seven about this and they feel that the stays help prevent the flex issue in the bottom bracket. In contrast, the seat stays are small and very nice looking but help in the vertical compilance that makes my Alta ride so smooth.

Jack

Tom Byrnes
03-13-2004, 01:34 AM
I rode dbrk's Axiom for two days last Fall at the TdFL. I think it is a great bike. It felt stiffer than my Concours.

Larry
03-13-2004, 05:52 AM
It truly is fantastic to have a number of different custom builders in the U.S.
It is difficult to choose between a number of these Ti builders.

I saw a Spectrum Ti last summer in Colorado that was beautiful.
It is too bad that I have seen none here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
I also saw a Spectrum Steel....... very fine work.
Yesterday at the Bike Mart, they had a 50th anniversary Colnago C 50.
What a lean and mean racing machine.

Choose your weapon ladies and gentlemen, and RIDE ON faster and farther than ever before during 2004.

Larry

Jeff N.
03-14-2004, 07:10 PM
I still find myself wishing my Serotta's welds were as gorgeous as Moots or even Seven. Moots welds are the best in the business. I'm a sucker for perfect welds. Jeff N.

saab2000
03-14-2004, 07:59 PM
...that I never cared about welds until I looked at a Moots up close. They are really good welds - nearly all uniform. Now if they would simply be willing to make a bike with a satin finish instead of that battleship gray...........