PDA

View Full Version : OT-International shipping

oldpotatoe
05-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Wow, it's really getting expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/campagnolo-c-record-bottom-bracket-vintage-bike-road-fixed-/281333811361?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Ahneida Ride
05-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I spent 190 frn with Fed Ex just to ship an empty box. The frn is getting weak.

jimoots
05-11-2014, 03:44 PM
America is getting REAL expensive to ship to/from.

I believe it has something (a lot) to do with all the anti-terror stuff.

tuscanyswe
05-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Actually america is one of the cheapest countries to ship to/from in my experience if one consider the distance, from europe that is your experience from Australia obviously differ.

Australia from here tho.. thats expensive and for unknown reason i cant insure shipping to Australia for more than 17euros / kg for larger things like frames. Have had 3 ppl looking to buy a frame from there recently. Guess Moots are popular there eh? or perhaps just rare.

d_douglas
05-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah, it is getting esspensive here in Canada as well. Stick with USPS friends! I just paid $50 to ship a fork from the US up here and seller found pricing cheaper through UPS, but now I am stuck with a $60 brokerage fee that would not have been there had it been USPS !!

Bummer, ups, takes a massive, ricidulous cut for being the middle
Man :(

Darren

ceolwulf
05-12-2014, 08:43 AM
^ yep, UPS is horrible.

jimoots
05-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Actually america is one of the cheapest countries to ship to/from in my experience if one consider the distance, from europe that is your experience from Australia obviously differ.

Australia from here tho.. thats expensive and for unknown reason i cant insure shipping to Australia for more than 17euros / kg for larger things like frames. Have had 3 ppl looking to buy a frame from there recently. Guess Moots are popular there eh? or perhaps just rare.

Moots are pretty rare here. A few float around, but say in my city I reckon there'd be maybe 10. Probably less! I was given the impression that the Australian distributor for Moots is pretty hard to get in contact with.

Having said that, yeah I mean in Australia shipping is expensive in general. We're a long way away from the rest of the world. Sending or receiving - America is real f'n expensive, another level compared with anywhere else! Canada is much, much cheaper.

tuscanyswe
05-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh thats less rare than i thought, depending on how big of a town i guess.

ultraman6970
05-13-2014, 10:28 PM
IMO the seller is trying to get some money off the shipping. A lot of guys in europe are doing the same thing, item price is fair and then like 3 times more in shipping, you have to be really needed of the parts to get them from them when locally even in new condition could be a lot less. And stock of those BBs is still moving around too, not that is something that is not there no more.

This makes me wonder al those sellers from ukrania, you have to be insane to get stuff from there right now.

Wow, it's really getting expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/campagnolo-c-record-bottom-bracket-vintage-bike-road-fixed-/281333811361?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

oldpotatoe
05-14-2014, 07:50 AM
IMO the seller is trying to get some money off the shipping. A lot of guys in europe are doing the same thing, item price is fair and then like 3 times more in shipping, you have to be really needed of the parts to get them from them when locally even in new condition could be a lot less. And stock of those BBs is still moving around too, not that is something that is not there no more.

This makes me wonder al those sellers from ukrania, you have to be insane to get stuff from there right now.

Just got a Campagnolo 11s cogset from Ukraine...less than wholesale, less than the UK knuckleheads...way less..new, wrapped like his 10 year old did it..like his 10 year old addressed it also..wrapped in brown paper, ball point pen...

ultraman6970
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Lol