PDA

View Full Version : Highly recommended...

Catulle
02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
All the difference in the world...

e-RICHIE
02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
All the difference in the world...

i see a few sharp implements.

bironi
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
This review did not favor the Park.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=31981

e-RICHIE
02-13-2006, 03:07 PM
i prefer the park.

Kevan
02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
on my desk here at the office I have a couple sets of wornout cassettes as paperweights and an... an...HEY! OKAY, WHO STOLE MY?.... oh, here it is... silly me... under a manila folder.... my Ibis stem. Pheew!

The pump's a nice addition. I'll take that under advisement.

Catulle
02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
This review did not favor the Park.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=31981

Evidently, I´m pleased very easily. I like the Park very much because it stands firmly on the ground when you are pumping it. The other one (Sefal), gets very wobbly past 80psi or so. I don't mind the Park's head because the lever that secures it to the valve is very solid; and I haven't had any problems fitting it to my Presta valves. Actually, I think that Blackburn could possibly build the Park because the higher end Blackburn pumps have a head similar to the Park's. Regarding the height of the pump, it fits me perfectly and I prefer it to the smaller ones where I have to bend too low to reach the end of the stroke.

Finally, I like that the Park goes up to 160psi while the Sefal maxes out at 140. And the pumping action on the Park is rock solid. I didn't count how many strokes it took to fill up a tire but it seemed like a very quick, painless process to me. By the way, my pump has the blue marker, not the black (recalled) one.

I haven't tried (or ever seen, for that matter) the Topeak, but I'm very pleased with the Park. It is the best pump I've had.

bironi
02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the pump info. I may be do for an upgrade.

ctric
02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Do I spy an Atmos on the top shelf?

alancw3
02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
i almost bought the park but based on the same road bike review chose a zefal d'elegance that i got on special sale at nashbar regularly $59.95 for $29.95. absolutely the best pump i have ever owned. highly recommend. funny i have a zefal frame pump (hpr) that is about 30 years old and still functions as well today as it did when i bought it. man i really wanted that park though!

Len J
02-13-2006, 04:33 PM
sold it after 1 month....I hate the Head piece......couldn't get it to secure first time every time.....went back to Topeak Joe Blow Pro......secures first time every time.

Len

Catulle
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Do I spy an Atmos on the top shelf?

You got a sharp eye. It seems to stop each time I hit the rollers, though :)