PDA

View Full Version : Deda Super Leggero... Any Love?

Duende
05-10-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm considering upgrading my cockpit. I'm a bigger guy. Just under 200 lbs.

The stem in particular is looking pretty attractive to me. Anyone recommend them? Did a search and not much to found here information wise.

Thanks in advanced. An Enve stem is also looking good to me but that's a lot more $$$

FastforaSlowGuy
05-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Isn't the Super L carbon? Generally, a carbon stem adds very little benefit apart from aesthetic (which I'm not knocking, I like matchy matchy). You're better off dropping your coin on the bars, if your doing it piecemeal. More weight savings, dampening, etc. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Duende
05-10-2014, 09:35 AM
The super leggero stem is forged aluminum. The bars and seat post in the series are carbon.

FastforaSlowGuy
05-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Got it. Deda makes great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Duende
05-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks. I've only had experience with their bars.

rain dogs
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
I have the Superleggero on both my road bikes. It's a very handsome stem, but it's not as light as they say and it's not extremely stiff. It's about as stiff as you'd expect from a ~100gr stem, but I dunno, I would think there would be much better stems out there for you if you're a bigger guy. I wouldn't be using it if I wasn't very light myself (140ish lbs)

Ryun
05-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I have a couple of the stems and like em. Pretty straightfoward. Seem low stack and dont wiggle so good with me

The seatposts are great if you need something less than the standard 25mm of setback. Easy to setup and very light.

Ive had a hard time finding the bars in the 31.7; finally got some from the UK so no feed back on that yet

nighthawk
05-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I have the stem on one bike (mated with the Zero 100 aluminum bars)... but I only have a couple rides on it so far. It seems solid and I like the understated graphics. Going to try to get a long ride in tomorrow on that bike, so I'll try to pay close attention to the "feel" of it and report back.

wooly
05-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Are the tops of the bars round or oval?

Duende
05-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Look round to me, but I've never seen them in person

Lionel
05-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Happy with mine in 31.8, top of bars are round.

I will put in service a 35 carbon soon.

Ryun
05-10-2014, 03:11 PM
My 35 versions are round but the 31.7 have a flat spot.
Not as broad as day an ergonova but definitely not round

wooly
05-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks Ryun. I like the deda bend and those tops look good.

holliscx
05-10-2014, 03:34 PM
I have 44cm bars and a 110 stem that I plan to sell. I just mounted and rode twice but condition is like new. It's very nice stuff: mine is black on black like the picture above, but I'm switching to Enve to match the thicker tubes on my frame. If you can wait til June I can probably have someone carry the bar & stem to the US. I've noticed zero issues re: stiffness I think you'll be very happy with the Deda cockpit.

bluesea
05-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Is the Leggero bars the same bend as the Zero100?

Duende
05-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Well the x2 slipped on me again today. I honestly think it has something to do with a difference in manufacture's tolerances between Deda and Thomson. Also my size/weight isn't helping.

Luckily this time it happened at a full stop so no crash happened. :)

Anyways... Based on the info provided here and that recent Fairwheel bikes stem comparison. I called around and found a Enve stem and had it installed.

Loving it so far. Nice to have confidence in your front end again. Just did a quick little 30 mile ride with it so far. Plus contrary to what I've read online, you really can feel a difference. There is most certainly some high frequency dampening going on, which is an added bonus. But my experience with carbon anything is rather limited.

Anyways. Thanks for the advise. Hope to still try a Deda stem one of these days, as the Super Leggero sure is sexy!

dk2ck
05-10-2014, 07:10 PM
The seatposts are great if you need something less than the standard 25mm of setback. Easy to setup and very light.

Not to hijack the thread, but do any of Deda's seatpost have the standard 25mm setback? This has been bothering me because I just got a Deda stem and have been looking at a Deda seatpost to match (specifically the Superzero), but they're all listed as 21mm offset. I already have my Arione slammed pretty far back and am worried a new post won't let me get enough setback.