PDA

View Full Version : Campy Chainring Compatibility Question (Ultra Torque)

JLP
05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
After chewing through a perfectly good crank arm with a bent front derailleur, I find myself with a Veloce crankset and some unworn Centaur rings. They are both from the alloy 10 speed days. The rings line up and bolt no problem, but they are different thicknesses. (The Veloce outer ring is about a mm thinner than the Centaur ring)

Did I just mis-space the rings, or is everything OK. Do I need that really thin washer that goes behind the hidden bolt?

Thanks in advance.

ultraman6970
05-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Which is the crankset with stamped chain rings? with veloce right?

oldpotatoe
05-10-2014, 09:10 AM
After chewing through a perfectly good crank arm with a bent front derailleur, I find myself with a Veloce crankset and some unworn Centaur rings. They are both from the alloy 10 speed days. The rings line up and bolt no problem, but they are different thicknesses. (The Veloce outer ring is about a mm thinner than the Centaur ring)

Did I just mis-space the rings, or is everything OK. Do I need that really thin washer that goes behind the hidden bolt?

Thanks in advance.

Stamped VS machined..no problema, use. If UT, no really thin washer needed for hidden bolt. That was for Record/Chorus when they went to 10s..hidden arms.

JLP
05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Stamped VS machined..no problema, use. If UT, no really thin washer needed for hidden bolt. That was for Record/Chorus when they went to 10s..hidden arms.

Thanks so much. Joe