PDA

View Full Version : One Italian manufacturer who canned U.S. distributor (for charging too much)

bluesea
05-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Sarto. The new prices haven't come in yet, but they should provide a noteworthy savings (ymmv).

oldpotatoe
05-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Sarto. The new prices haven't come in yet, but they should provide a noteworthy savings (ymmv).

They decided to go direct? Margin would be the same to manufacturer, whether they sold to a distributor or consumer. Did adding another layer of distribution make the price too high? If direct, does the expense of distributing direct add to price?

bluesea
05-09-2014, 02:12 PM
They decided to go direct? Margin would be the same to manufacturer, whether they sold to a distributor or consumer. Did adding another layer of distribution make the price too high? If direct, does the expense of distributing direct add to price?

Don't have the whole picture, but the main point is they *seem* to have rejected the gold-plated distribution model. I think they were not happy with the distributor azz raping LBS on down.

What I know is Sarto is available from Optimized Cycling Solutions in CA.

Charles M
05-09-2014, 08:49 PM
You're off base...

I'll fill this in when the legal issues are done but I wouldn't speculate any more here.

I can say the bikes are damn nice and the company has been around for a long time and build for themselves and some top brands that are lust worthy. I LOVE the Energia. But there's more to this story than what you're saying here.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/14-sarto-ex.jpg

bluesea
05-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Hopefully not about the lower prices.

pbarry
05-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Definitely an underrated marque. Hope they sell more units here in the future.

spacemen3
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Stunning bike!

Charles M
05-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Hopefully not about the lower prices.

Likely not wrong about the prices, but it won't be a massive change. (relative term I know..._