PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bedford contact?

bikinchris
05-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I tried to contact him through his website to no avail. Does anyone have a more direct contact fro Kelly Bedford? I have a CSI frame with a cracked downtube and I want to see if he can repair it. The tube needs replacing.

velotrack
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Give him a call.

518-538-8055

pbarry
05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
The best artisans, (name their focus or vocation), are hard to get in touch with. There are a few in Kelly's generation who cling to adulation, yet their wares are no better than their peers who keep their heads down and deliver equal goods..: KB is stellar!

malcolm
05-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Not a comment on Kelly, but just an in general comment. I for one get irritated with folks that have email as a way to contact them and then don't regularly check their email. If you don't want to communicate that way say so on your site and don't offer email. It pisses me off enough that I'll look elsewhere. I recall more than a few years ago trying to contact serotta via email to no avail. when I finally called they were more than accommodating on the phone but email was crickets. Maybe Kelly is a phone call kind of guy, but I stand by if you offer it keep up with it or do away with it.

alancw3
05-09-2014, 09:17 AM
if you are unsuccessful in contacting kelly give dave kirk a try. stellar frame builder with a long history at serotta and also doing contract work for them after he went out o his own.

David Kirk
05-09-2014, 09:24 AM
if you are unsuccessful in contacting kelly give dave kirk a try. stellar frame builder with a long history at serotta and also doing contract work for them after he went out o his own.

Thanks for the kind words.

The OP'r and I have already talked and I'd be happy to do the down tube replacement but I don't have access to the special tube used. I suggested he contact Kelly as I thought it possible that he might have a tube or might be able to get one locally.

dave

Ahneida Ride
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Kelly is VERY busy doing his best, trying to get bikes out on time.
He has dinner late at night and then it's e-mail time after that
,if he has any energy left.
Kelly is a one man show. Please extend to him a little courtesy,

Kelly is currently working on enhancing his communication.

Please send me a PM with your contact info and I will have
Kelly contact your immediately. Please accept Kelly's apology for
his tardy response.

Incidentally,
The swagging machine at the S factory is out of commission.
There is no way that Kelly or any other builder could access
OEM swagged tubes. Andy tube replacement would have to be
more conventional.

Thanks !

malcolm
05-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Kelly is VERY busy doing his best, trying to get bikes out on time.
He has dinner late at night and then it's e-mail time after that
,if he has any energy left.
Kelly is a one man show. Please extend to him a little courtesy,

Kelly is currently working on enhancing his communication.

Please send me a PM with your contact info and I will have
Kelly contact your immediately. Please accept Kelly's apology for
his tardy response.

Incidentally,
The swagging machine at the S factory is out of commission.
There is no way that Kelly or any other builder could access
OEM swagged tubes. Andy tube replacement would have to be
more conventional.

Thanks !

I agree with everything you say Ray, but trust me if you can't keep up with your email you are better off not to have that option.

Ahneida Ride
05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
I agree with everything you say Ray, but trust me if you can't keep up with your email you are better off not to have that option.

I am working with Kelly on the e-mail situation.

Kelly is a bike builder and that is what he does best.
He does not market himself, as he should. He is in the shop building.
A good deal of his work is custom and he spends a fair amount of time
interacting with clients. That by itself eats up considerable time.

Yesterday afternoon, a small group bopped in to the shop.
He spent a hour talking to them. Kelly really is generous with his time.

A small group of us are working on marketing issues.

malcolm
05-09-2014, 10:24 AM
I hope he gets it worked out because by all accounts he is one of the good guys and builds some beautiful frames, but trust me if he doesn't it will cost him business.

Ahneida Ride
05-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I hope he gets it worked out because by all accounts he is one of the good guys and builds some beautiful frames, but trust me if he doesn't it will cost him business.

Malcom

You are 100% correct and Kelly knows this ...
We are working on this .... Honest !!!!

bikinchris
05-09-2014, 05:47 PM
I really didn't want to bring grief to him. My apologies for that.

I just wanted to ask a question and preferred to do it in writing. I would like to have this frame repaired for a guy who wants to buy it.
It's a shame that the swaging machine is not in service, since I am surely not the last person who will need a frame repaired.