PDA

View Full Version : Another high-end clothing brand...

FlashUNC
05-06-2014, 02:37 PM
For the haters to feast upon. Looks to be the off-shoot from some of the folks who left Assos, if memory serves. The name certainly is impenetrable enough: Q36.5.

http://www.q36-5.com/content/en-1/home-q36-5.html

tiretrax
05-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Nice looking stuff. Is the Assos person responsible for the kukoo penthouse?

FlashUNC
05-06-2014, 03:01 PM
From what I recall -- and this could all be off-base and welcome any corrections -- those developments were done after Bergamo left the Swiss folks.

sngk
05-06-2014, 03:21 PM
"startlingly pure and minimal..."

Anarchist
05-06-2014, 05:00 PM
"... At 13.5 g, the lightest SOCK you've never heard of"

Weighing the freaking sock?

Jesus wept.

Mr.Pave
05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I like to weigh out my socks before every ride.

pdmtong
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
above category dropped assos in favor of these guys

Louis
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
It's a good thing these guys are giving it a go, because there's such a massive shortage of high-end clothing out there.

EDS
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I was just thinking the other day that what I need more of in my cycling kit is camoflage. That vest will be perfect on fall evening and early morning rides on wooded roads. Fluo is so last year.

And while stopping for coffee mid ride during a cold morning this past winter, struggling with taking off layers and such I was immediately struck with the idea that there has to be a better way. Credit these guys for coming up with it though. Never thought about combining my hat, gloves and baselayer into one piece. No more losing liner gloves and hats at the coffee shop as you will be sure to remember to put your base layer back on after stripping naked to take a #2 after that second latte.

BumbleBeeDave
05-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I used it all up on Rapha! :crap:

When you wear that camo vest during hunting season make sure to wear your white helmet, too . . . :eek:

BBD

Louis
05-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I used it all up on Rapha! :crap:

When you wear that camo vest during hunting season make sure to wear your white helmet, too . . . :eek:

What was the outfit that had their models wearing cycling kit and firing a shotgun? (at least I think it was shotgun, and not a rifle)

I'm sure you have a least a snort of disdain left for them...

christian
05-06-2014, 06:27 PM
That was Brandt-Sorenson.

I have to admit I'm tempted by the base layers these chaps have designed.

Anarchist
05-06-2014, 06:48 PM
I was just thinking the other day that what I need more of in my cycling kit is camoflage. That vest will be perfect on fall evening and early morning rides on wooded roads. Fluo is so last year.

And while stopping for coffee mid ride during a cold morning this past winter, struggling with taking off layers and such I was immediately struck with the idea that there has to be a better way. Credit these guys for coming up with it though. Never thought about combining my hat, gloves and baselayer into one piece. No more losing liner gloves and hats at the coffee shop as you will be sure to remember to put your base layer back on after stripping naked to take a #2 after that second latte.

When I was a kid my Mom had this all figured out. She tied them all together with a cord that ran down each sleeve of me jacket and was sewn into the back of the jacket at some point. So the gloves/mitts and toque all stayed together.

It wasn't as outré as this stuff though.

54ny77
05-06-2014, 07:07 PM
i refuse to wear anything less than 78.3.

OtayBW
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I like some of what I see. Their top end bib looks interesting: minimal chamois padding, different leg gripper, different panel/cut design. Competitive with mid-level Assos. I may give it a try. :cool:

Louis
05-06-2014, 07:20 PM
That was Brandt-Sorenson.

That's what that was. How stupid can you get?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRchNlmqpED7YbNLC4eq4-QIZ1zlwR45WPjPTm8Yam37rJ7ey8OLA

Anarchist
05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
That's what that was. How stupid can you get?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRchNlmqpED7YbNLC4eq4-QIZ1zlwR45WPjPTm8Yam37rJ7ey8OLA

They aren't even wearing helmets!!

gavingould
05-06-2014, 08:28 PM
I think it'll get stupider before it gets less stupider...

Anyway, barring the gram-shaving hyperbole and incomprehensible name, this stuff looks interesting enough. Plus it's pretty stealth branding-wise, probably worth giving a shot.

That said, my little team should be ordering new custom kit from a pretty new maker - I think we're actually one of their first clients, and the test pieces have been well-received by our decision maker.