PDA

View Full Version : TDF could be good this year (spoiler content)

cfox
05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
It's been hard the past few years to get two superstars in form at the TDF. It looks like this year could be it, and I am excited for it. Contador is riding beef-like again and Froome disappeared to Tenerife with a "bad back" and was a last second scratch from LBL with a "chest infection" (glow time anyone?) only to return to beat freaking Tony Martin in a TT to win Romandie.

Wow/Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to the freak show. Anyone else? CunegoFan??

simple
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
... only to return to beat freaking Tony Martin in a TT to win Romandie.

Wow/Hmmm.

Yup, thinking the same thing. IMO Contador is as dirty as they come (second "best" is Valverde). As far as Froome: The Romandie TT was...unbelievable in light of his recent condition.

gianni
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I'll bite. Agreed that the timing for chest infection and lack of fitness with Froome is suspicious. I'm in the anybody but Froome camp. I like me some beef and I think clembutador will have a good shot. I don't think Sky's team is as strong as last year and it will be hard to control with the route and other protagonists --Forza Nibali.

therealpeel
05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I haven't really decided if I care that they race clean or not. That being said, I don't know of a definitively cleaner sport...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
05-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Cfox, you have to consider that frommey is not a bad TTist, you have to consider as well that looks like Martin's times are gone and there is a new generation coming up right now, darn even FC is not as good as last year.

As for team sky, the team is not even close to what they were last year, wonder if the all year round training is killing the riders, at some point you have to rest. The other thing is that looks like other teams are catching up with sky and that makes them look weak too.

Unless something really weird happens with Contador's and valverde's teams I really doubt Sky will be able to shake those two out of their wheel this year.

The giro looks like will be fun tho...

tiretrax
05-06-2014, 11:14 AM
No respect for Cadel? TJ, TJ, TJ.

Valverde and Contador have been drinking holy water from a sacred site in Granada.

teleguy57
05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
No respect for Cadel? TJ, TJ, TJ.

Valverde and Contador have been drinking holy water from a sacred site in Granada.

Cadel is riding the Giro and not the Tour. Big respect for him there!