PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Century tomorrow!

Tony
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I've never rode this century before and looking forward to it. Anyone else here planning on doing this century?

metalheart
05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I've done it the past two years with a group of friends. Great ride, excellent support and rest stops, beautiful country-side, and your fill of pot holes, and crappy chip seal roads. Other than the roads, it is a great experience with scenery I never tire of seeing.

lemondvictoire
05-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I'll be there and weather is looking to be great. Probably riding the 100K and only have to decide which of my 4 bikes gets to be ridden...............:confused:

Tony
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I've done it the past two years with a group of friends. Great ride, excellent support and rest stops, beautiful country-side, and your fill of pot holes, and crappy chip seal roads. Other than the roads, it is a great experience with scenery I never tire of seeing.

Metalheart, man were you right! After reading your comment regarding the bad roads I decided to take my cross bike with 30mm tires, glad I did as the roads were awful! The ride was BEAUTIFUL, 70% of the time we were riding along stunning wineries.
Thanks

metalheart
05-04-2014, 12:00 AM
DESPITE the awful roads, the weather was great and the views were spectacular. Great ride. One of the memorable moments, aside from the stunning scenery, was at the last rest stop where the lady was dipping strawberries in nutella and then finishing them off with an m&m peanut drop. I ate too many....... Fun ride, doing it again next year.