PDA

View Full Version : The time has come - IT'S JERSEY ORDERIN' TIME

Bruce K
02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Given that the consensus on the design is pretty much all positive, I feel pretty good about announcing that I am ready to take orders. The only change will be a revision to the DPF logo at the DPF's request.

Everyone who requested a jersey please PM me and I will give you the address to mail your check or money order and sizing info.

Cost will be $70.00 plus $5.00 for shipping.

Again, if we get all 32 orders that were requested, Hincapie will cut the price, allowing us to make donations to the PMC, DPF, and MS Society.

I will take orders up to, and including, Saturday, March 4 mail arrivals.

It is my intention to place the order with Hincapie on Monday, March 6. This should get the jerseys to me by mid-May at the latest.

To repeat:

Jerseys are full zip, waffle fabric, men's sizing (women please give me both women's and men's sizing with your order and if we get 10 we will have women's sizes), and RACE CUT (according to Hincapie).

Let the fun begin.

BK

Bruce K
02-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Please include your screen name.

It's the only way I have been keeping track of requests.

BK

RABikes2
02-12-2006, 08:26 AM
The jersey looks great Bruce! :banana:
Your plate is already full with the family, business, and your yearly fundraising, and you still found the time to do all this hard work. You are amazing :) and we all appreciate your determination and dedication to complete this huge task.

As soon as I can figure out the Hincapie sizing :confused:, the check is on its way!

RA

Kevin
02-12-2006, 08:31 AM
As soon as I can figure out the Hincapie sizing :confused:, the check is on its way!

RA

RA,

Here is the link for Hincapie sizing.

Kevin

http://www.hincapiesports.com/sizing.php

Bruce K
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Lots of folks who responded or PM'd me during the original process have not been in contact for the mailing address.

Having the check in hand is the only way to guarantee a jersey.

I will respond and clear my mailbox as fast as I can.

Things are looking good for making the numbers that will allow us to make donations as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

BK

William
02-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Pimmin you!

William

Ozz
02-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Saw that chart....and it looks like I would take a Large.

I wear an XL in Assos, and a Large in Castelli. For anyone who wears these, does a Large sound about right, or should I go up to an XL?

I like jersey's snug, but not skintight......

Thanks for advice!

Bruce, I will PM you shortly....

CT Rider
02-13-2006, 08:35 AM
does a Large sound about right, or should I go up to an XL?

I normally wear XL in Pearl Izumi Jerseys. I ordered a Serotta Hicapie Jeresey in 2XL since they were reputed to run a bit small. I had to return it for the 3XL Size.

loctite
02-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Just sent you a PM Bruce, maybe my wife could help out with this...

Louis
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I normally wear XL in Pearl Izumi Jerseys. I ordered a Serotta Hicapie Jeresey in 2XL since they were reputed to run a bit small. I had to return it for the 3XL Size.

OK, this now has me worried.

CT Rider,

Did you measure your chest size, and was it in the range for the Hincapie 2XL, or was it in the 3XL range?

Yesterday I measured and fell a hair below the Hincapie chart L range, so I figured L would be good enough, and passed that info on to Bruce, but if Hincapie sizes do not match what the numbers say they should, I have no idea what the right way to do this would be...

We need to get this right the first time, because Bruce can't be expected to refund our money or exchange anything that doesn't fit.

thanks
Louis

Bruce K
02-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Louis,

Hincapie says to size one size up, but all my Hincapies are Large, the same as my Voler club cuts.

Hmmmm.....

But, yes you are right (and thanks for understanding/pointing it out), You get what you order and I will not be able to exchange or refund.

If you get REALLY LUCKY, you might be able to swap with someone who missed the other way.

BK

Smiley
02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I e-mailed you bruce , send me a local to mail you a check and I think if your a L then so am I . Smiley

Louis
02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Hincapie says to size one size up, but all my Hincapies are Large, the same as my Voler club cuts.

Bruce,

If you don't mind sharing some somewhat personal information, please do us all a favor and measure your massive, powerful, bursting with rippling muscles, chest size and let us know what it is. Since you wear a Hincapie Large that will let folks calibrate what they need.

thanks
Louis

CT Rider
02-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Did you measure your chest size, and was it in the range for the Hincapie 2XL, or was it in the 3XL range?

Measured, I would have been in the 2XL range according to the chart.

OldDog
02-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Does anyone have a Hincappie who can comment on size?

How do the sleeves run? I have big arms and sometimes find the sleeves too tight. Comments?

Keith A
02-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Hey gang, I meant to bring in my Hincapie jersey to work today to provide some measurements and forgot it at home. :crap:

I'll make sure that I do the measuring this evening and will try and answer some of the questions. It will be a little late before I can post this as I go straight from work to my daughter's soccer practice and don't get home until about 7:30pm or so.

Bruce K
02-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Clutch Cargo, Leftyfreak... you guys out there? ;) :D

Lots of PM's. Still missing a few notables.

Looking very encouraging to hit the 30 mark. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

Louis
02-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I am now officially confused. Below I show screen shots for the Hincapie sizing chart and also the Colorado Cyclist sizing chart. Ignoring the Giordana, which apparently do run small compared to others, it seems to me that the Hincapie sizing is very similar to everyone else. If they measure the d@rn things right it seems to me that if you usually wear a L for everyone else (except Girodana) your ought to be able to wear a Hincapie L.

Either they measure them in a very funky way, or something else fishy is going on. If someone out there can figure this all out please let us know...

Thanks
Louis

H.Frank Beshear
02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
The key word is slimmer athletic fit. I have a 2xl Lou Garneau jersey that will fit me in september after a couple thousand miles. Right now I look like a Serotta sausage. I'm getting a 3x. That way I can wear it most of the year. Frank

Louis
02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Frank, I hear you, but a 41" chest is a 41" chest regardless of how you measure it. Now my gut is something else, but we'll ignore that for now and stick with the chest...

Ozz
02-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Frank, I hear you, but a 41" chest is a 41" chest regardless of how you measure it. Now my gut is something else, but we'll ignore that for now and stick with the chest...
I'm with you...I measure 41"....I ordered a Large....that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Elmer
02-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Is there a link as to what these jerseys look like? I apologize in advance if this info is in a previous post. Am I too Late to get in on this?

Keith A
02-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, I finally have the jersey with me today so I can provide some measurements. I also brought in several other jerseys to measure for comparison.

The Hincapie armpit to armpit measurement with the jersey lying flat out (but not stretched) is 20" and the front zipper is 23 1/4" long -- which matches closely with their table. Based on Hincapie's chart, I would say the "L" would fit a 40"-42" chest but would be on the snug side, especially if you are towards the upper end of the range. If you don't want a tight fit, then I would go up a size.

Here are some jerseys to compare against:
● GdB "Spot" wool size medium - 21" (ata) and 23 1/2" in the front
● Giordana Motorola reissue size medium - 20.5" (ata) & 24" in the front
● Giordana Motorola reissue size large - 22" (ata) & 24 1/4" in the front
● Santini Molteni reissue size large - 20" (ata) & 23 3/4" in the front

Let me know if anyone has any questions as I have jersey an tape measure in hand today.

BTW, anyone interested in purchasing a brand new Giordana Motorola reissue in a size large? I have always worn a large Giordana in the past, but this Motorola jersey runs a size bigger than my other Giordana jerseys.

TimD
02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
FYI, I have a Hincapie large jersey. I normally wear a 40L jacket.

For comparison purposes, the jersey is quite a bit smaller than a Giordana L, so if you are a 41" chest you might want to consider XL.

TimD

BumbleBeeDave
02-15-2006, 08:57 AM
. . . obsessing about this, aren't you? :eek:

Go to your closet and select a jersey you feel fits you well. Measure the length and armpit width. Go to the sizing chart. Choose size. Tell Bruce.

End of obsession. Geez . . . :rolleyes: ;)

BBD

OldDog
02-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Bee-Man, it's CYCLING gear. We're obsessed.

Anyone know the best method for drilling out my chainring bolt bolts... :D

Keith A
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey BeeMan -- The problem is that these sizing charts aren't always the most accurate. Hincapie's seems pretty close, but they are on the slim side and they do state that on their chart. But if you comapre my new Giordana jersey with what is posted on CC's website, then you are going to be off by at least one size.

Smiley
02-15-2006, 09:48 AM
checks in the mail bruce , excited about what you come up with , has Sandy committed to this project yet ???

Bruce K
02-15-2006, 09:55 AM
No Sandy, but plenty of others.

Still not sure if we will hit the 30 mark so that we will be making donations as well.

BK

Ozz
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
. . . obsessing about this, aren't you? :eek:

Go to your closet and select a jersey you feel fits you well. Measure the length and armpit width. Go to the sizing chart. Choose size. Tell Bruce.

End of obsession. Geez . . . :rolleyes: ;)

BBD
This, from a guy who braided his own cable-housing to match his paint scheme? ;)