PDA

View Full Version : anyone else tried Mio Link for heart rate?

crownjewelwl
04-28-2014, 01:40 PM
i just got mine last week and tried it out this weekend. i like the form factor (i hate chest straps), but my readings haven't been exactly accurate (read: wildly off)

my guess is that it doesn't work well with any significant hand movement which is kinda silly since it is for use with physical activity...

anyone else tried one?

Chris
04-28-2014, 01:48 PM
I was looking at one for the wife, but reading the comments on the DC Rainmaker site made me a little nervous. She has very thin wrists and I think a lot of contact and no variations in that contact is best for that unit. I think I'm going to wait for it to be followed up by some of the other heavy hitters in the industry.

crownjewelwl
04-28-2014, 02:06 PM
I was looking at one for the wife, but reading the comments on the DC Rainmaker site made me a little nervous. She has very thin wrists and I think a lot of contact and no variations in that contact is best for that unit. I think I'm going to wait for it to be followed up by some of the other heavy hitters in the industry.

well a couple of bigger brands (adidas and tomtom) i believe are using the mio technology...

i'm gonna exchange mine before i give up on it. so much better around than wrist than the chest

Neil
04-28-2014, 02:09 PM
I bought one off the back of the DC Rainmaker review, it's not arrived yet though so (obviously) I've not had any experience of it.