PDA

View Full Version : Lynskey's back in the biz

LegendRider
02-11-2006, 08:50 AM
The Lynskeys - founders of Litespeed - are returning to the bike business. I read that they'll be building titanium frames under the name "Lynskey Performance Products." I guess their non-compete with ABG has expired. Despite their expertise, I'm not sure I'd go into titanium. With the widespread acceptance of carbon, I'm sure ti sales have dropped significantly.

Kirk - any thoughts?

Kirk Pacenti
02-11-2006, 09:34 AM
The Lynskeys - founders of Litespeed - are returning to the bike business. I read that they'll be building titanium frames under the name "Lynskey Performance Products." I guess their non-compete with ABG has expired. Despite their expertise, I'm not sure I'd go into titanium. With the widespread acceptance of carbon, I'm sure ti sales have dropped significantly.

Kirk - any thoughts?

I have heard this buzz around town for a while, although you probably read more than I know about it.

Mikej
02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I thought thet still had an interest in the company, as in the Dr. who bought the place was an outside sort of partner and the main biz was still run by "The Family"? Will they be able to weld and align? jk. I remember that dude had a kick a$$ monster truck and a Viper. My kinda redneckin' a Viper w/ a gun rack.

Kirk Pacenti
02-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I thought thet still had an interest in the company, as in the Dr. who bought the place was an outside sort of partner and the main biz was still run by "The Family"? Will they be able to weld and align? jk. I remember that dude had a kick a$$ monster truck and a Viper. My kinda redneckin' a Viper w/ a gun rack.

No, the family sold their interest in it completely. Mark was the only one able to negotiate a position there.

And the owner is not a DR. It is an investment firm called "JHK". The "H" stands for Leon Hersh (SP?) former owner of US Surgical. Perhaps that’s' why you thought he was a Dr. ?

Leon is in interesting guy...started US Surgical in his parents basement at age 19 or something...built it into a huge business and sold it some years back for 4+BILLION dollars. Now he buys small companies like ABG for investment purposes.

As for the Viper and Monster Truck (don't forget the military Hummer) it's true. Kinda strange for the owner of a BICYCLE company to drive this type stuff imo. Can you spell over-compensation!?