PDA

View Full Version : Un Fricking Believable

SpokeValley
04-27-2014, 01:26 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/25/driver-that-struck-teen-suing-dead-boys-family

I don't even know how to comment...:mad:

blessthismess
04-27-2014, 01:51 PM
There are some really terrible people in the world. Very sad. How could you live with yourself?

d_douglas
04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
That's Jerry Springer material :(

It can't go anywhere, but a final wound to a grieving family :( :(

Nags&Ducs
04-27-2014, 02:08 PM
I predict that the suit will be dropped due to the many death threats this person will receive. That's what my crystal ball tells me.

Dead Man
04-27-2014, 02:23 PM
····ing twit. Her police officer husband was following at the time of the incident? That answers why no sobriety test was administered.

54ny77
04-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Awful.

Cant imagine what attorney in their right mind would represent that woman.

downtube
04-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Words escape me, She should be depressed she killed an innocent young man. The implication of cover up makes me crazy. Not only shouldn't she be suing the family she should probably be in jail. I hope the truth comes out, it really is hard to believe that some people are so F'd up.
chuck

oldpotatoe
04-27-2014, 04:06 PM
····ing twit. Her police officer husband was following at the time of the incident? That answers why no sobriety test was administered.

Wonder if she was ····e-faced, why cop hubby was following.

dpk501
04-27-2014, 04:12 PM
There's a special place in the world for people like that.

They should kick her out of Canada first!

Dead Man
04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Wonder if she was ····e-faced, why cop hubby was following.

That would be my guess.

climbgdh
04-27-2014, 04:25 PM
unbelievable!! i heard this on CBC radio the other day and i honestly couldn't believe my ears. like someone already said there is a special place for people like her......

Mr. Pink
04-27-2014, 04:26 PM
There's a special place in the hell for people like that.

Fixed that for you.

tuscanyswe
04-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Thats such a sad story. My heart goes out to the family, i cant imagine.

And that woman.. omfg it really is hard to fathom.

Llewellyn
04-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Words fail me :mad::mad:

tiretrax
04-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, that's the legal system. With the deceased boy's brother drinking himself to death, she and her cop husband should expect a countersuit. It won't be hard to discover whether they had been drinking.

What I wondered is whether the boys had lights on their bikes. Not to blame them, but it's crazy to ride at night without them. I see a few waiters ride by my house at night with none, and it makes me wonder about their intelligence since they are wearing mostly black clothes.

Black Dog
04-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Well it seems that she may have been drinking and her husband got her out of there with the nods of fellow police, possibly. Stuff like this happens too often.

However, here in Canada you can not really sue for "pain and suffering", you have to show financial loss and you can only sue for that. It is not easy as the burden of proof is set relatively high. Her law suit has little hope here; south of the border different story. Just the act of starting a law suit is beyond morally bankrupt. She was speeding and admitted that (of course, no charges laid), but like every time someone kills or maims with a car, the driver is the "victim". That is how we have set up our driver centric society. The automotive bubble of zero personal responsibility is alive and well and merges with the self entitlement bubble often. This whole story sickens me. :mad:

ultraman6970
04-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow...

The kid's parents somehow you can tell are sad but at the same time they accepted what happened... was 1 am at night, the worse happened... fate accepted but the driver sue after 2 years?? its like too much IMO.

Is not hard to find her name and picture, probably she needs money or something? I was the judge I would throw her in jail because of what she is doing, no moral at all, and the lawyer involved should go to the tank with her, so next time he thinks really well what is going on.

That woman will have a tough time from now on, her name is everywhere in both countries already, would not surprise me that people is calling her names already in the street.

I can understand sue the state because of lack of lighting in the streets because in many other countries you have everything and every street and hyws with public lighting. but sue the parents and stuff ?? just crazy... ans for a million and a half?? darn... you don't do crap with that.

benitosan1972
04-28-2014, 01:56 AM
This story. Is so. Disturbing and sad. There are truly evil people in this world. She's wearing the yellow jersey/atop the podium for that dubious dishonor.

Saint Vitus
04-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Anyone read the mention of Majewski's second son who died as a result of drinking and taking pain killers to quell his grief of his brother's death?

rice rocket
04-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Someone needs to get this to Reddit/4chan.

climbgdh
04-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Anyone read the mention of Majewski's second son who died as a result of drinking and taking pain killers to quell his grief of his brother's death?

YES.... that is what i read and heard on CBC. tragic.

cnighbor1
04-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Lawyers to blame! they need cases and will take any case has they will just send an invoice at $350 per hour. how can they lose?
Charles

snah
04-28-2014, 10:53 AM
There's a special place in the world for people like that.

They should kick her out of Canada first!

As long as they kick her south of the border, we don't need another down here!!

redir
04-28-2014, 12:46 PM
What possible reason could the cop husband be following her home? Where were they coming from? Why would they have taken two cars to where ever they went?

No one asked these questions.

Saint Vitus
04-28-2014, 12:54 PM
What possible reason could the cop husband be following her home? Where were they coming from? Why would they have taken two cars to where ever they went?

No one asked these questions.

It's very possible that they both went to the same function from different locations, he from work and she from home after the babysitter showed up.

Given the level of detail within the story, it's probable these questions were asked by police but not entered into the article, which is somewhat thin on details other than the life and loss of the young man

Here's the solution going forward:

http://www.zdnet.com/googles-self-driving-car-project-tackles-city-streets-7000028836/

seanile
04-28-2014, 04:53 PM
this just... ugh. WHY?

Black Dog
04-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Here (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/25/driver_who_struck_teen_suing_dead_youth.html) is a more complete version of the story from a more reliable news paper.

Link fixed.

Louis
04-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Link doesn't work for me.

nighthawk
04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Link doesn't work for me.

Try this: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/25/driver_who_struck_teen_suing_dead_youth.html

bikingshearer
04-28-2014, 08:01 PM
What chutzpah (to put it orders of magnitude too mildly). Suddenly, the apocryphal Texas doctrine of "s/he just needed killing" doesn't sound quite so unreasonable. No I am not advocating vigilante justice, but one begins to understand where such urges come from . . . .

Black Dog
04-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Try this: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/25/driver_who_struck_teen_suing_dead_youth.html

Thanks

Louis
04-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Gee, whey didn't Charles Manson's lawyers think of this? All that trauma Sharon Tate's caused him throughout the years.