PDA

View Full Version : Fender help: race frame, 25mm tires

FastforaSlowGuy
04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
It seems like all the fenders made for "race" frames are only designed for 23mm tires. I've got a CAAD9 and am running 25s when it rains. Anyone have experience making PDW full metals or similar fenders fit?

CaptStash
04-27-2014, 12:13 AM
If the SKS race blades that clip on to the brake bolt don't work, then you could definitely make the removable ones that just tie onto the frame with elastic bands work. Not the best, but serviceable. I had them on my Felt F1-R for a couple of years.

CaptStash....

dpk501
04-27-2014, 12:23 AM
I used crudracers which were okay.

I now have these:

http://rivercitybicycles.com/rcb-catalog/reacharound-fender-brackets/ and the cut the fenders. I would check with them. Awesome shop!!

Admiral Ackbar
04-27-2014, 01:36 AM
not sure what the clearance is like on the caad but I've had good luck using sks commuter fenders on some of my older bikes that don't have much room. couldn't fit 28mm tires in the frames but the sks fenders and 25s worked out, only took minimal trimming around the fork crown and brake bridge.

Hank Scorpio
04-27-2014, 05:22 AM
I used Conti Grand Prix in 25 with SKS raceblade xl's on a 2011 hi mod with no trimming of the fender. I did zip tie them instead of using those rubber flappy straps.