PDA

View Full Version : Cvndsh

choke
04-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/first-look-cvndsh-collection

Black Dog
04-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Ahghhh. Anything with mike sinyard and spec ed...:butt: Add a green stripe and you will be a better cyclist...um..ok...sure:rolleyes:

Llewellyn
04-26-2014, 11:00 PM
"It isn't just my name on a jersey – because I'll never do that. I believe in the equipment, I personally helped design them with the team and I believe in the ability they have to help a rider be the fastest they can be"

Yeah..............right.

Cvndsh bar tape........f*@# me

Elefantino
04-26-2014, 11:08 PM
I prefer my bikes with vowels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavingould
04-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Merchandising!
http://youtu.be/e9OaCuUlCAU

kramnnim
04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Aw, he dropped the "FST AS FCK" tagline.

dpk501
04-26-2014, 11:39 PM
I do like the white shoe with the green trim better than the current sworks color patterns.

velotrack
04-27-2014, 01:04 AM
While it's easy to just pass this stuff off as "meh" because it's from specialized, none of that stuff looks like it took much more thought than a logo and a stripe. Good products, though, I'm sure.

I don't like specialized (to a fair degree), yet I'd still ride a venge, though. Not sure what kind of hypocrite that makes me.

dpk501
04-27-2014, 01:27 AM
It means you're pragmatic and when you recognize a great product that will help you perform despite your feelings of the company, your logic wins as it should. Hands down.

While it's easy to just pass this stuff off as "meh" because it's from specialized, none of that stuff looks like it took much more thought than a logo and a stripe. Good products, though, I'm sure.

I don't like specialized (to a fair degree), yet I'd still ride a venge, though. Not sure what kind of hypocrite that makes me.

jpw
04-27-2014, 02:36 AM
i'm surprised the gear isn't being modelled by the man himself.

cfox
04-27-2014, 05:25 AM
I do like the white shoe with the green trim better than the current sworks color patterns.

agree, they will sell a lot of those.

Ti Designs
04-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Who is this guy anyway???

Cicli
04-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Not a fan.

Black Dog
04-27-2014, 06:45 AM
It means you're pragmatic and when you recognize a great product that will help you perform despite your feelings of the company, your logic wins as it should. Hands down.

Yea, better to be pragmatic, than find a product that does the exact same job from a company that behaves much better than specialized...:rolleyes:

Black Dog
04-27-2014, 06:46 AM

He has probably never seen most of it...:)

phcollard
04-27-2014, 07:09 AM
I really like Cav. Seriously. I used to think he is just a pedantic opportunist with long teeth until I saw him during the 2012 TDF - the year he was wearing the rainbow stripes! - carry water bottles for his whole team. How humble is that. His FB page is also filled with personnal stuff that made me change my mind about him. He is cool. Oh yeah and he is also the heck of a sprinter.

The cvndsh stuff looks OK. I like the Romin with the matching green accents perforated bar tape. But it's Specialized so meh.

cfox
04-27-2014, 07:52 AM
I really like Cav. Seriously. I used to think he is just a pedantic opportunist with long teeth until I saw him during the 2012 TDF - the year he was wearing the rainbow stripes! - carry water bottles for his whole team. How humble is that. His FB page is also filled with personnal stuff that made me change my mind about him. He is cool. Oh yeah and he is also the heck of a sprinter.

I like him too. He used to be an annoying twit, but he's grown up a lot. Maybe it's age or maybe it's the ridiculous palmares he's built up, but he's much more at ease. He has a good sense of humor and is the first one to congratulate the guy (Kittel, lately) who kicks his ass. He isn't afraid to admit when he's been beaten fair and square. None of that sport psychology crap (never admit weakness!!) you hear from so many athletes.

dpk501
04-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Who is this guy anyway???

I think he was part of Lance Armstrong's concubine...they made "videos" together. Google "Juan Pelota in Manx" but it's NSFW.

But on a serious note, he's come into his own as a rider. I think he's trying to make up for being such a twit early in his career doing what his "mentors" do. Way more humble now.

I'd still buy that shoe.

dogdriver
04-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Yeah, meh. The link to the "20 Sexiest Female Athletes" at the bottom of the first page, however, was... inspiring.

jdwertz
04-28-2014, 06:55 AM
I would agree that he has grown up quite a bit. Some of the recent interviews and post race comments he has made, complimenting other teams/riders and shrugging off sprint loses, has made me change my opinion about him. True modesty among professional athletes is rare.

oldpotatoe
04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah, meh. The link to the "20 Sexiest Female Athletes" at the bottom of the first page, however, was... inspiring.

Hear, hear!!!

TBDSeattle
04-28-2014, 11:11 AM

My thoughts exactly. And I'll add that I think for the amount of money that Spec has at their disposal, this is a terrible advertisement photo to use to sell equipment.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/tbdphotobucket/52609eec-9656-4cb9-a2df-41b2039b50f0_zps146247f7.png (http://s755.photobucket.com/user/tbdphotobucket/media/52609eec-9656-4cb9-a2df-41b2039b50f0_zps146247f7.png.html)

khessel
04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
I covered the launch:
http://www.core77.com/blog/featured_items/mark_cavendish_on_the_launch_of_the_cvndsh_collect ion_for_specialized_26856.asp
(As these things go, disclosure is that Specialized flew me from NYC to London for the event.)

I'll admit that I'm a casual fan at best, but I was excited about the opportunity to meet Cav and he was quite down to earth on this occasion. The launch event itself was a fairly intimate affair—just a few journalists, more of a friends & family vibe—and he mentioned that he was off to Turkey the next day.

The product looks good but I have yet to try it (yes, they also provided samples).

Anyway, I hope this doesn't come across as self-promotion (or shilling for Specialized), just thought I'd share.

-Ray

nathanong87
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
really bummed the shoes aren't made in my size. us8 eu41.... smallest on offer is us9 eu42

rnhood
04-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Nice overview and coverage "khessel". Specialized is a fast moving company and I applaud them for their efforts in driving innovation and improvement of their products.....even if some products or ideas are perceived as being a bit mundane. Their bikes are top tier imho. I've been especially happy with mine.

I read over some other articles on the core77 site and its an interesting site. Good articles covering some unique and creative products.

khessel
04-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks rnhood. The focus is on industrial design but we do a fair amount of bike coverage as well, such as sponsoring the Bike Cult Show (http://bikecultshow.com) (a handbuilt bicycle show in Brooklyn, returning for its second edition in August), among many other projects.

-Ray

velotrack
04-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Off to turkey?

He's sure killing it out there, if you guys have been keeping up with it.