PDA

View Full Version : Campy chains directional?

DerekB
04-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I am using a quick link on my SR chain. I know about the Campagnolo system of chain connection and the necessity of putting the chain the right orientation to peen the correct link. I did install the chain this way at first when my LBS could not get the 11 speed quick link.
Now that my chain is easily removable I wonder if it will spread the wear to flip it "inside out".
Or is it always supposed to be installed markings out?

Black Dog
04-26-2014, 03:06 PM
I did not know that the 11 speed chains are directional. I think that they are not.

DerekB
04-26-2014, 11:19 PM
I looked at my chain again tonight. The R11 stamp us upside down on the drive side and right side up on the left. Egads! Did I do it wrong?
Old Potato?

CiclistiCliff
04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
I am using a quick link on my SR chain. I know about the Campagnolo system of chain connection and the necessity of putting the chain the right orientation to peen the correct link. I did install the chain this way at first when my LBS could not get the 11 speed quick link.
Now that my chain is easily removable I wonder if it will spread the wear to flip it "inside out".

iirc, not directional.

dpk501
04-26-2014, 11:37 PM
not directional. You'll notice the r11 logo alternating right side up or up side down every link or two.

oldpotatoe
04-27-2014, 06:08 AM

Not directional. No inside/outside like shimano.