PDA

View Full Version : New weight loss plan - not suggested

Bruce K
04-25-2014, 07:55 AM
So the spring of ridiculousness continues

Flu bug turned into pneumonia = 9# weight loss in two weeks

No pedaling - no endurance (going up and down stairs is winding)

One of these days I will get to start over. :crap:

BK

Black Dog
04-25-2014, 08:02 AM
That sucks Bruce. The flu was particularly virulent this year. My whole family got it this year and we have not had the flu for at least 6 years. You will bounce back but give it some time. At least you have a few less pounds to worry about. Time to turn lemons into lemon aid.

El Chaba
04-25-2014, 08:28 AM
It does take the starch out of you when you get hit that hard....On the brighter side, there is no place to go but up...

MattTuck
04-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Bruce,

Tough spring you're having this year, bro. Don't worry, there's lots of light to ride in the summer and you'll be ready for 'cross.

There is a medical term of the way you get winded when you're sick. It sucks, but think of how fast you'll be flying up hills with your new lighter chassis :)

tiretrax
04-26-2014, 12:42 AM
Sorry to hear that, Bruce. I had arm repair sugerybtoday. Not riding much this year allowed my bp to climb through the roof. I hope we both regain form quickly.

dpk501
04-26-2014, 10:02 AM
That blows!!!

If you add in the juice diet afterwards you'll be racing weight!

Jokes aside, I hope you have a speedy recovery. It's been a virulent year.

dpk501
04-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear that, Bruce. I had arm repair sugerybtoday. Not riding much this year allowed my bp to climb through the roof. I hope we both regain form quickly.

That's horrible. I was out 3 months from arm surgery this winter, 5 months of no activity allowed. The worst is the psychology of getting back into biking, and suffering up the hills. Don't do what I did which was sit around, watch Miami Vice and gain 15 pounds.

Bruce K
04-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Rainy, crappy day here

Debating a slow spin on the trainer but still coughing up junk at times

I am really afraid if I don't start doing something soon I will lose all motivation for the season

BK

dpk501
04-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Rainy, crappy day here

Debating a slow spin on the trainer but still coughing up junk at times

I am really afraid if I don't start doing something soon I will lose all motivation for the season

BK

Let your body and lungs heal. You will regain your fitness. Coughing phlegm and spinning may demotivate you. Just remember that no matter how much your fitness diminishes, being on your bike while unfit is still better than being in a cubicle at work.

blessthismess
04-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Don't rush it! You're only going to drag it out longer. Rest up and form a plan of attack for when you are ready. Im sure it won't be long now.

wasfast
04-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Don't do what I did which was sit around, watch Miami Vice and gain 15 pounds.

Clearly you watched the wrong TV show.......:)

dpk501
04-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Clearly you watched the wrong TV show.......:)

HAHAHA! Too funny!

You're right! It had nothing to do with my eating habits.