PDA

View Full Version : Motivation this winter

roadie7
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
This winter continues to drag out. It's the third week in April and it's 37 degrees this morning. Over the decades, I rode in cold weather all winter but it was generally warm by now. My motivation and milage are both at an all time low.

Has anyone else having trouble getting motivated to ride in the morning due to the unusually long winter?

johnmdesigner
04-24-2014, 01:45 PM
I've only been out a handful of times since the first of the year. I'm not racing and I ride mostly by myself so it doesn't matter to me if I get up to speed later.
If you're feeling guilty or bored lay out your long johns the night before, get up early and ride. If you enjoy it you'll ride again. If not, wait for warmer weather.
Unless your racing. Then you've missed half the season.

MattTuck
04-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Yep. If you're not racing, the season is long from over. Ramp up at a reasonable pace and you'll have plenty of enjoyable miles by the time of the Autumn frost.

moose8
04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
This winter has been brutal for motivating to do anything. It makes me wonder why I live in New England.

stien
04-25-2014, 05:10 AM
I've logged the most miles in the past few weeks! The afternoons are great down here on the cape.

Dale Alan
04-25-2014, 05:35 AM
Low miles so far.22 degrees right now,have not had enough warm days to get motivated yet.Better days are coming.